Discuss Marble floor / limestone floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

edwardk

Got a few tiles down:

kit_floor_01.jpg

Seems to be going ok - prob finish at the weekend (with luck).

Getting them all plumb and level but sometimes there is about a half millimetre or less that is slightly higher than the surrounding tile. I've been running a small bit of wood between the tiles to see if it catchs on the lip. Nine times out of ten I can get it so it flows between them (so all four sides are level and flush ) but on the occasional one the best I can get is about a half mil.
Is this bad? Should I be spending more time getting it perfect or is that close enough?

Grout
Been thinking about this and would like to pick some up at the weekend.
What is a good make & type & colour to go for?

Thanks
Ed

Reply to Marble floor / limestone floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

This is my first time posting, I searched for a similar thread and didn't find much- apologies...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I'm 6 months in being a tiler, I've done lots all my life and sold the dam things for...
Replies
Views
A long post and not tiling but I hope someone can help, I'm trying to get some decent...
Replies
Views
So... have a problem maybe some of you guys (and girls) might be able to help with. Laid a new...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
N
Hello I have just had some Umbrian limestone tiles laid 32sqm (840*56 and 56*56 22mm Thick)...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Marble floor / limestone floor
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.