UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Marcrist drills in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 1779

For £41.66 + VAT we supply SEVEN diamond cores which works out at £5.96+VAT per drill at 365-Drills with PORSADRILL.

kit2.jpg

There is no 10mm core in the pack because we have yet to be convinced there is a use for that size.

It also contains a 16mm and 30mm which we also think is more useful than a 20mm.
There isnt much that a 20mm is good for. 15mm rad pipes look to big in a 20mm hole. Its too small for 22mm bath pipes.

We also do a set of five packs for £82.50+VAT

megadeal3.jpg

TWENTY diamond cores for £4.13+ VAT each !!!!

If you need a 20mm core then we do stock them as a seperate item.
20mm.jpg

We also stock the 10mm as a seperate pack

10mm.jpg

guideplate.jpg

All cores come with a FREE guide plate to stop them slipping.

[video=youtube;NjuUmSksArQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjuUmSksArQ[/video]

Video of how robust our stuff is.

Please remember the prices above quoted
DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR FORUM DISCOUNT

Yes thats right.... You will be buying them EVEN CHEAPER!! so you get fantastic savings.

For the most up to date codes just PM or email us and aks what your code is.

20.jpg

The Free anti-slip guideplate we supply STICKS to the tile.
Unlike suction clamps which can fall off the tile.

[video=youtube;lJNc9PeGcyY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJNc9PeGcyY[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:
K

kendo1

I reckon a 10mm drill could be used for electric cables access for lighting or mirrors if you want to be picky about it. I see my post was edited to remove the link, but it is possible to google marcrist and the price which will get you there.
I'm not meaning to rile anyone, it just seems pointless.
I was trying to be helpful to those who maybe prefer a different make.
Have a nice day :)

Ken

D

Deleted member 1779

I was trying to be helpful to those who maybe prefer a different make.

Ken your posts are very welcome and dont worry nobody is riled with your comments!!

What the moderator has done is trim yours to balance information useful to the reader (other tilers)
but with consideration to our position as a paying sponsor of this forum.

We pay to help keep the forum free for everyone to use but in return hope readers will consider benefits our products make both in value for money plus time reduction on the job.

Its a delicate mix for site owners to make sure everyone is happy. They have vetted every sponsor here and want a mix of promotional information but also want sponsors to get involved in the site. As you can see from our active postings we have racked up more than 2000 posts - not all "Buy our stuff" postings but genuine help for blokes (and women) trying to make a living as a tiler.

Ken your post is useful not only to forum readers but also to us as a factory.

We actually like to know what the competion is up to! Should we sit back and be run over on price, quality and product inovation? Of course not. When we find out information either via the forum or from our many other routes to market like trade shows, on the job, tile shops then it gives us a chance to act on it.

Real Example:
Over the summer of 2011 as a direct result of customer feedback we have been putting together and exciting new product launch for a new diamond core that we believe will be able to get more holes into C5 grade porcelain tiles. We will launch it Jan or Feb 2012 but only after rigourous testing by end users. There are twenty members of this forum taking part in agressive product testing on behalf of all tilers. At the end of this testing it will be their claims that we print on the pack. Not ours. So for example if they state that the core is good for 50 holes thats what we will use. We are also busy running them into the ground ourselves at the factory but its not a substiute for real life.

But we do have to be a bit careful. Case in point. This pack of 8mm cores at £29.99 (including VAT)

kit6mm3.jpg

In the hardest C5 porcelain its capable of about 40 to 50 holes per pack with the 4x cores for the £29.99
Our competitors are making claims of 30 holes for a single dry core at £32.50 in C5 grade porcelain.

It can get a bit confusing! Is it better to spend £29.99 on four PORSADRILL drills and achieve better results than a single alternative core from a competitor making claims of cutting 30 holes but costs more at £32.50

Something our testing this winter will do is clarify life expectancy for cores and as I said that information WONT come from us but will instead come from the 20 forum members trusted to test the prototypes out.

More details of the new product and its testing as we get it... (That will probably all happen in another seperate post)

n617362013_534112_2836.jpg

Not all product testing is done so seriously though...

n617362013_534114_3486.jpg

M

Mike

Mike you missed nothing! This is probably the wrong thread / topic (my fault) to sort out the logistics of the 20 testers.
I wasnt planning contacting anyone until we had the goods prepared so I need to get on with private messaging all 20 to get the details.
I will do that Friday (tommorow). I think I went a bit off track on this one !!!
no probs richard , i'll wait for the p.m.:thumbsup:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Marcrist drills in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
D
Exited to report we are relaunching our box set change. What's new and why the change? We only...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
D
It has been painful (painfully slow!) BUT slowly I am refreshing the box set range for the...
Replies
Views
D
How do I drill a hole in a steel bath. Or cast iron bath. Instructions on drilling into baths...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
D
Drilling a hole into a Belle bath. Fitting Victorian taps. Drill steel baths. Project fitting...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Marcrist drills
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.