Currently reading:
UK Marmox multi boards and adhesive?

While we have you, why don't you checkout our Plumbing Advice forum PlumbersForums.net

Discuss Marmox multi boards and adhesive? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I'm going to be installing Marmox multi boards, on two (internal walls) I'll use 4mm, just so I have a nice flat surface to tile with (the surface underneath the plaster is a bit rough and not plumb. The 4mm need to be 'stuck' with cement based adhesive.

On the external two walls I'll use 20mm for some extra insulation, without eating too much into the room size. For these I'm going to be dot and dabbing, then using the fixing dowels.

For the adhesive for the boarding should I be using the standard set I'll be using for the tiles, or is there something more suitable?

I did think it'd give me a bit of 'practice' with mixing up small batches which would serve me well when I get to tiling.

I'm going to be installing Marmox multi boards, on two (internal walls) I'll use 4mm, just so I have a nice flat surface to tile with (the surface underneath the plaster is a bit rough and not plumb. The 4mm need to be 'stuck' with cement based adhesive.

On the external two walls I'll use 20mm for some extra insulation, without eating too much into the room size. For these I'm going to be dot and dabbing, then using the fixing dowels.

For the adhesive for the boarding should I be using the standard set I'll be using for the tiles, or is there something more suitable?

I did think it'd give me a bit of 'practice' with mixing up small batches which would serve me well when I get to tiling.
What is more suitable for bathroom/showers/tile materials? Marmox boards are specially designed for showers etc. Tile adhesive is your best bet. I would use slow set, but you don't have to you can use speed set as well.

Reply to Marmox multi boards and adhesive? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m putting down 800x800x10mm porcelain floor tiles. Floor area is 2m x 2.7m, 18mm chipboard. I added loads...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds. Chunks of what i assume is self leveller or maybe screed (?) came up with them. Left with Concrete...
Replies
Views
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Over the years I've used the good advice that I've read on this forum but with my current project I am a bit stumped. I am renovating an ensuite, it's...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

TF on Facebook

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.

Thanks for visiting the original Tilers Community.