Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Marty80 here to say hello in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dumbo

It’s the fact that a lot of people think it’s easy, and go out and charge some poor customer for a job that could potentially cause a mountain of problems............2 week courses are for DIYers. To even “Think” about doing a wetroom is unbelievable with no experience at all.

Would anyone of us do a 2 week medical course, and then go and “Try” to perform surgery on some unsuspecting fool
We all know tiling isn't quite on the same level as surgery .

D

Dumbo

To be honest guys I know I have had my say but I have been on the able skills website and if I was new to tiling and completed this course I to would think it was easy and could take on any job . On this video I saw no largish tiles and no planks so I think the courses need to look at their content and may be consider updating it . I'm sorry mr course provider if I have this all wrong but I have judged by what I have seen .

O

Old Mod

Can’t leave you guys alone for one bloody minute without it turning in to a free for all.

This is NOT the place to air your views on a member of staff, there is a place for that, and it’s not in here.
Apart from anything else it has nothing to do with the thread, and is completely off topic.

The OP has no doubt read all of your opinions on his intended upcoming projects and I’m sure he will have them ringing in his ears.
However, he has made it quite clear he doesn’t share your opinions.
Well that’s his choice, and no amount of getting bent out of shape is likely to change it in the near future.
No one is obligated to either listen or indeed force their opinions on anyone.
If you don’t like what you’re reading, move on, read something you do agree with.
If the OP comes back for advice after ignoring yours, then you can decide to help or not, it’s your choice.

The forum prides itself on giving clear accurate advice, and is the place to come for both Professionals and DIYer’s, and indeed everyone inbetween.
Let’s not get this forum confused with less policed places to post.

B

Blunt Tool

Can’t leave you guys alone for one bloody minute without it turning in to a free for all.

This is NOT the place to air your views on a member of staff, there is a place for that, and it’s not in here.
Apart from anything else it has nothing to do with the thread, and is completely off topic.

The OP has no doubt read all of your opinions on his intended upcoming projects and I’m sure he will have them ringing in his ears.
Well that’s his choice, and no amount of getting bent out of shape is likely to change it in the near future.
If you don’t like what you’re reading, move on, read something you do agree with.
If the OP comes back for advice after ignoring yours, then you can decide to help or not, it’s your choice.

The forum prides itself on giving clear accurate advice, and is the place to come for both Professionals and DIYer’s, and indeed everyone inbetween.
That you speaking about the knitting forum again? Jeanie was wrong it is knit one pearl one, she had it coming!! Her bans up soon anyway and they’ve added queenie and Lottie to the admin so should be more civil!

O

Old Mod

That you speaking about the knitting forum again? Jeanie was wrong it is knit one pearl one, she had it coming!! Her bans up soon anyway and they’ve added queenie and Lottie to the admin so should be more civil!
Well I’m glad that’s cleared up Ian, and I must say it’s good to see you post in here again, thought that was a thing of the past! :D

D

Dumbo

I know what I said and stand by it . I believe it was advice but what I think was wrong is that he was I insulted on a personal level . That sort of behaviour is not going to get sponsors involved in the forum and will ultimately lead to its closure .

Reply to Marty80 here to say hello in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello all, my names Ollie and I’ve just recently completed a 3 week intense tiling course with...
Replies
Views
I had my bathroom done in September and my floor tiles have movement in them and the grout is...
Replies
Views
What are electric cleaning brushes? . Powered by electricity, it can scrub anywhere in your...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond