Guest viewing is limited

Discuss Marty80 here to say hello in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

I know what I said and stand by it . I believe it was advice but what I think was wrong is that he was I insulted on a personal level . That sort of behaviour is not going to get sponsors involved in the forum and will ultimately lead to its closure .

I never singled out anyone Jerry, if you wish to take it personally, that’s your issue to deal with I’m afraid, not mine.

My sole point was that if someone doesn’t want your advice, they’re not obliged to take it, no matter how bent out of shape you or anyone else gets.
So say you’re piece and move on, you can only lead a horse to water can’t you.
If in your opinion you’ve given clear concise advice on an issue, then that’s all that can be asked of you, and I expect no less from a trusted member.
But what I don’t expect is members to go on and on and get visibly twisted at the response they get.
If they don’t want help, then that’s fine, the important bit is that you have conducted yourself in a manner befitting the forum, and not some know it all on some other platform.
Sponsors can see for themselves that we, as a forum, have given the correct response, that’s what matters.
I’m sure all sponsors can empathise when it comes to clients of theirs that choose not to take professional advice.
What I’m sure sponsors wouldn’t want, is to get involved in a thread that has got out of hand, and you should know by now I’m just as happy to put anyone in their place, whether they be established or new members, even DIYer’s, I don’t discriminate. (Unless you’re a mate :p)

And just to be clear, my post was aimed at no one in particular, it was a general statement.

Reply to Marty80 here to say hello in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello all, my names Ollie and I’ve just recently completed a 3 week intense tiling course with...
Replies
Views
I had my bathroom done in September and my floor tiles have movement in them and the grout is...
Replies
Views
What are electric cleaning brushes? . Powered by electricity, it can scrub anywhere in your...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond