Discuss Mates rates in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

IvegotsTILE

Nice job mate, mates rates are a real pain.I do do work cheaper for friends but they have to wait until I have nothing on. I did a small job for a mate 6 months ago and I kept thinking afterwards God I did that too bloody cheap.Last week the clutch went on my car and my usual mechanic said all the work would cost £500-£600.So I asked my mate who I did that job for 6 months ago(also a mechanic) and he just said the parts come to about £190 and I'll do it £75 labour since you did that job for me a bit ago.
It took him over a day and a half and he lent me his van to go to work in.He just said you did me a big favour so I'm returning the favour. God was I grateful....nice when it happens.:hurray:

Reply to Mates rates in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, With a kitchen renovation, Mrs choose the white mirror quartz floor tiles from a...
Replies
Views
L
I would like some advise. We booked a tiler for a new build with quite a lot of work to be done...
Replies
Views
Moved this as I incorrectly posted in the Pro forum! Hi all, Finally getting to lay the tiles in...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Mates rates
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.