Discuss meaning of 'Design Manifesto' in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

U

user123

Aha.. in the words of my clever niece just now on facebook: "In the end I guess they want you to formulate your personal gold-standard of the designs you come up with? Most of these manifestos probably centre around sustainable architecture, or perhaps you could see Palladio's work as a kind of manifesto. So a formulation of your principles of mosaic... wording your commitment to fresh and true inspiration as opposed to working on overused blueprints of mosaic making perhaps?

Wow, there you have it. Might have to sleep on it then to come up with something amazing tomorrow.. :)

S

strummerman

Aha.. in the words of my clever niece just now on facebook: "In the end I guess they want you to formulate your personal gold-standard of the designs you come up with? Most of these manifestos probably centre around sustainable architecture, or perhaps you could see Palladio's work as a kind of manifesto. So a formulation of your principles of mosaic... wording your commitment to fresh and true inspiration as opposed to working on overused blueprints of mosaic making perhaps?

Wow, there you have it. Might have to sleep on it then to come up with something amazing tomorrow.. :)
not like you G

U

user123

not like you G

When in doubt, sleep on it.. :) I'm in doubt a lot... :lol:

a manifesto is a wrritten statement of what actions you propose to take in the future, so a design manifesto is just a statement to what design projects you have in the pipeline

That makes sense, too. Hm. Thanks Mike. :) Both of what you and my niece said would possibly combine to the kind of statements that are desirable in such publications... I love writing, but not about what I'm working on, that I just do!

M

mikethetile

thats right G, the older I get the simpler I like to make things

manifest comes from latin and roughly translated means multiple happenings, so a manifest is happening and a manifesto is going to happen and obviously manifested has already happened

as Jay says do what you feel is instinctively right, you know a lot more than you credit yourself , so write from the heart and your passion will shine through

Last edited by a moderator:
U

user123

thats right G, the older I get the simpler I like to make things

manifest comes from latin and roughly translated means multiple happenings, so a manifest is happening and a manifesto is going to happen and obviously manifested has already happened

as Jay says do what you feel is instinctively right, you know a lot more than you credit yourself , so write from the heart and your passion will shine through

That is so cool. Considering I had Latin I should have known all that, really, but I might nick that slick explanation for when I need to impress, thanks Mike... :lol:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to meaning of 'Design Manifesto' in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I have the old stock no more ply down unprimed. (Their new stock comes pre-primed). Mapei...
Replies
Views
Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
meaning of 'Design Manifesto'
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.