Discuss messed up silicone sealant job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

That is pretty much the standard that i got at both shops! Yes but you do it everyday. The last time I did silicone the wife had to take the kids out for a while as the air turned very blue.

Fair point and I dont say that using it wont give you a good joint ( I wont say perfect because it all depends on how good the tape is applied and how well the sealant is tooled down) . A small amount of practice though will give you as good a result IMO.
Make sure all areas are clean and dry before....
1, a smooth application of sealant
2 Not too thick
3 Spray with a solution of fairy liquid and water.
4 Use a tool or finger to gently shape the sealant.

Del W

TF
Arms
Canterbury
clean surface with white spirit,stick down masking tape,just as fiddly as corner tape looking at the video,have a small hole at tip,sixty degree angle,slow and steady,dont over fill,using corner tape will take the same time as masking tape. the guy on the video... its not the first time hes done it. hope this helps

Reply to messed up silicone sealant job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
messed up silicone sealant job
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.