Discuss messed up silicone sealant job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

facetile

Re: messed up sealant job

Trick i was shown was to apply the sealant then use a empty silicon tube and squeeze it so it is more oval than round. Starting from one end of where you applied the silicon push the empty oval tube along the joint slowly so that all the excess goes into the used tube. It takes away all the excess, does not leave mess on either yourself walls, bath, worktop etc. Works a treat.:lol:

B

Big-Smudge

There's a multitude of methods used to varying degrees of success but there is just one single factor that determines wether the method used is a success or mess and that is:

YOU MUST LAY DOWN A CONSISTANT LINE OF SILICONE

with every single method, which is of course the one thing that most people struggle with, hell if you're good enough you could use the cap of a felt tip pen.

The exception to the rule is of course:

Well you work it out.................:hurray:

no skill required :thumbsup:
faster :thumbsup:
consistant :thumbsup:
less mess :thumbsup:
less stress :thumbsup:

And at the new much lower retails you can't afford not to use it, hehehe.

nuff said,

Cheers
Andy

B

Burnsy

There's a multitude of methods used to varying degrees of success but there is just one single factor that determines wether the method used is a success or mess and that is:

YOU MUST LAY DOWN A CONSISTANT LINE OF SILICONE

with every single method, which is of course the one thing that most people struggle with, hell if you're good enough you could use the cap of a felt tip pen.

The exception to the rule is of course:

Well you work it out.................:hurray:

no skill required :thumbsup:
faster :thumbsup:
consistant :thumbsup:
less mess :thumbsup:
less stress :thumbsup:

And at the new much lower retails you can't afford not to use it, hehehe.

nuff said,

Cheers
Andy

Hi mate,

Were's the nearest supplier to me - Derbyshire / Nottinghamshire area? PM me if you like. Cheers :thumbsup:

J

jolly fix

the corner tape stuff looks good,never used it,dont know the cost etc,i assume you just add the price of it to the job..... tips .....practice,practice,practice make sure silicone area bone dry.small hole on nozzle,dont cut the nozzle sg,cut at an angle. dont cut it at a 45 angle,then use your gun at a 60 .apply one consistant line,dont apply it to thick (its always less than what you think),smooth off in a consistant line.i tried to use a smoothing tool one time ,couldnt get the hang of it,didnt feel right for me but thats just me,i still use the ole finger (wet it). like most things what ever works for you.practice,practice,practice.nozzle extention tubes +multi angle (swivel )nozzles pack of 5 less than a £1.00 are handy too

N

nickbott

Hi mate,

Were's the nearest supplier to me - Derbyshire / Nottinghamshire area? PM me if you like. Cheers :thumbsup:

Big smudge

Could you pm the local supplier to me also please. Based in Nottingham

Cheers

Seems like I'm jumping on the bandwagon, but I'm also based in Nottingham and am very interested in your product Big-Smudge - would you be able to PM me the supplier details? Many thanks in advance :)

S

Saxby76

Thanks Sir Ramic. Unfortunately they only had a couple of the small packs left and plumb centre could not even find where they had put it!! Cannot understand why this is not on sale in B&Q yet or through Screwfix. DIYers would be all over this product, getting silicone right is the hardest part of a project and can make a lovely job look crap. Oh well looks like I will have to order it online and shell out for delivery as well!

Reply to messed up silicone sealant job in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
messed up silicone sealant job
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.