Discuss Mind yer language! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikethetile

tbh I dont think swearing has got worse. it depends where you grew up. swearing was normal when I was young and everyone swore
I was sent to Ireland to be educated in a monastry school and swearing wasnt allowed, it still went on but was punished.

when I returned to england I was shocked by the poor language

to me swearing is a lazy way of expressing yourself and shows lack of imigination

U

user123

Oh, I swear in the privacy of my studio, when I get yet another mini glass splinter in my fingers, so small you can't see them but they really hurt and often stay in there for ages, and you keep catching them, or when a certain piece of glass just won't cut right, or splinters off, bad quality glass often does that, and you can't tell beforehand... I get dead cross then. And I curse the doctors sometimes when I get off the phone with my Mum, that sort of thing, to let off steam to myself, but you just got to be civil in public, and I don't think it would occur to me to swear then ... I think swearing has got worse, you hear it everywhere now, on the train, on the bus, never used to be like that, and no I'm not THAT old... :lol:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I tend to get a loose tongue after lots of slurps, not just a few, but a lot. But thankfully I'm normally home by then and am usually just swearing at the toaster not cooking my toast because I haven't pressed the switch or something :lol:

I first started swearing when I was working with tradesmen to be fair, they're buggers for it. Hardly swore at school, it was more name-calling which eventually became nicknames type thing.

C

cornish_crofter

When I was working for a publicly quoted defence contractor on a head office secondment (high profile role), swearing was part of the normal conversation. I don't know if it was a power thing or just a way of relieving stress.

I have personally never felt comfortable using that sort of language on an every day basis, I try not to swear at all.

In fact I was working with a plasterer one day on a job on our house. We had got to know each other quite well over the few weeks we'd been working together and I used the F word. He remarked that that was the first time he had heard me swear.

My two girls have commented that they hardly/never hear me sware but their mum.... erm well we shan't go there!

Reply to Mind yer language! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

D
John, a young Saints fan, received a parrot as an early Christmas present from his sailor friend...
Replies
Views
DTile
D
"Your posts are farcical. You claim there is no need to tank plasterboard in a shower before...
Replies
Views
TJ Smiler
T
P
Sorry its another rant, I recently took two subbies on, for a project and because the work is a...
Replies
Views
G
At what point do you say no to doing a job ? My problem here is this, I get called in to quote a...
Replies
Views
W
Hey people!! Joined a few months back now so thought i best say "How Do!!" I joined to see a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Mind yer language!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.