Discuss Mitre saw in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie1

You say it saves time but how long can it save it's a bit of trim at the end of the day. Do you have the saw set up in the room with you and if you do how long is setting it up going to take. I'm not knocking you for using it I just see it like using a tx 1200 to cut a 6" tile when a hand scribe will do the job.

If I'm being honest, I'd more aim this thread at the bathroom fitters rather than hardcore tilers like yourself dean. These guys will require a compound mitre saw set up anyway for all types of different stuff but the likes of yourself going from plot to plot with a small tool bag , cutter and grinder then not ideal... I don't mean any offence by that btw. Some of the bathrooms I'm doing just now have 2 or 3 alcoves, a window, trim around door... You could be 7 or 8 length of trim in one room. That's where this is very handy.

T

The D

If I'm being honest, I'd more aim this thread at the bathroom fitters rather than hardcore tilers like yourself dean. These guys will require a compound mitre saw set up anyway for all types of different stuff but the likes of yourself going from plot to plot with a small tool bag , cutter and grinder then not ideal... I don't mean any offence by that btw. Some of the bathrooms I'm doing just now have 2 or 3 alcoves, a window, trim around door... You could be 7 or 8 length of trim in one room. That's where this is very handy.
No offence taken people that have very little experience often have no clue about what site work is actually like and they quite often use inappropriate tools as they think the task is harder than it is.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Tadcaster
I love having good tools that do a job very well. I've got one of these baby's for cutting trim when you need it perfect. Broken Link Removed
the trouble is, half of the time I can't be bothered to put it on the van. So its a hacksaw and a file for most.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
C

charlie1

Just to give you some idea of what the plots are like this next one we are doing has 65m2 of 900 by 300 wall tiling and 75m2 of 600 by 600 polished porsalain floor tiling in them and they all have 10mm box profile polished trim totaling around 30 LM so I don't think a bucket of tools and a little cutter will quite do the job.

very interesting but but going slightly off topic. I think the mitre saws (electric) are good if your installations are trim heavy.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Mitre saw in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I am looking at wet saws and only a DIY here but got a few odd shapes to cut. What would...
Replies
Views
I received an email about BAL External tile adhesive and grout this morning and thought I'd post...
Replies
Views
P
Anybody got one of these...
Replies
Views
ruairi mac
R
S
Was just getting my tools out of the garage ready for tiling to start this weekend and I'm...
Replies
Views
S
As well as uploading pictures and jobs etc in their own albums in your own media gallery area...
Replies
Views
rj1884
R

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB