UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss mobile phone upgrade time - any ideas? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gazzer

OMG Ed you do like a good fight dont you ? Sigma V Rubi and now phones !!!!

ok here is my view.
I still have great respect for the Blackberry it never let me down but when I was due an upgrade I wanted to see what all the fuss was about with these smart phones. In the end I went for the Samsung S2 and I dont regret that move.
I have a lot of friends that have I phones and when we are together the conversation is the same as it will be here. i am told the S2 is too big, well it is bigger than the I phone but I have big hands so I dont see the problem.
I find it great to use as a phone, email or web etc There is even some neat games and apps, even though I am not a big fan of games anyway.
I do however prefer the more solid feel to the i phone but i cant justify the higher cost. My phone was a free upgrade and I am actually paying less than the previous years contract.
The S3 has great reviews but as with Sigma v rubi , it will always be the same.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
I've just upgraded to I-phone and find it easy to navigate, quick for web access and e-mail. From what I understand the camera is better than the previous model as well. I had a Motorola before and that was reasonable, but the I-phone knocks spots off it.

The pics on my June JOTM entry from pic 10 onwards were taken on I-phone FYI

S

Stef

I've just upgraded to I-phone and find it easy to navigate, quick for web access and e-mail. From what I understand the camera is better than the previous model as well. I had a Motorola before and that was reasonable, but the I-phone knocks spots off it.

I have used an Iphone for a good few years now & they just get better n better.

The Iphone is the easiest smart phone on the market to navigate.

As i have stated before, its not a phone you are buying its a mini computer.

Wait till Dan comes on-line, hes the man for this thread.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Galaxy S3 runs (Google) Android and their market place is not so good. Apple iPhone for the extra few quid (no matter what comparable version) is a wise move if you're considering a phone that does what both of those phones do, only due to the App Store that Apple has to offer. Like 95% of the country search Google due to them being the best, whilst at the same time Bing and Yahoo still being big players, Apple just have it locked down on the phone front. They literally get all the App's first and their phones work a treat for business and pleasure.

I assure you that I AM biased towards Apple no matter what other forums say (lol) - and at the same time Apple pay me squat to say this, time and time again.

iPhones rock. Do it. I dare you.

P

Perry

Edd the only trouble with the iphone is they all want to charge you more for the contract so be aware they also have two htc phones out with the s3 which are meant to be ahead off the iphone but if you do get one buy it from apple if you can its then unlocked and then use any sim even inc foreign sim and you can then buy a sim cutter off of ebay for £3 and cut any sim down even virgin who dont do a mini sim also check with carphone warehouse they may be unlocked

A

Aston

damn it dan, you've dared me now ;0) i proberbly will go for a iphone 4s, just thought there might be a new model out soon so would in be worth hanging on in you opinion? or would the 4s be fine..dont forget contracts are now 2 yrs so i was thinking of this with my actual choice of iphone

hi pete,
i have a few mates who work for carphone warehouse so i'll check on that, thanks for your advice mate ;0)

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Sorry Dave it's only Vodafone, so maybe useful to any others on that network.

It's called VEA Vodafone Employee Advantage. If you have a friend or relation who works for the emergency services they can have up to 5 friends or family listed through their account and receive a 20% discount on monthly tariff. It does not include 20% off any usage above the tariff. It must be on either a new contract or upgrade and registered by the employee to Vodafone within 30 days.

S

Stef

damn it dan, you've dared me now ;0) i proberbly will go for a iphone 4s, just thought there might be a new model out soon so would in be worth hanging on in you opinion? or would the 4s be fine..dont forget contracts are now 2 yrs so i was thinking of this with my actual choice of iphone

hi pete,
i have a few mates who work for carphone warehouse so i'll check on that, thanks for your advice mate ;0)

You dont have to sign into a 2 year contract, I got my 4s from tesco on a 1 year contract. Tesco use 02 masts.

£225 up front, £35 per month for 750 mins, unlimited txt & wifi & 1gb internet on a 12 month contract.

After the 12 months you phone up & they will send the settings through so your phone is unlocked.

Try Martin Lewis's page "Moneysavingexpert.com" they will tell you the best & cheapest option to go with.

The good thing with the Iphone is the customer service you will receive. Any problems with the phone that they cannot repair then they will give you a new phone.

Reply to mobile phone upgrade time - any ideas? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

G
Upgrade due next month, now do I stay with Android and Samsung or something else ? 200 minutes...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 9966
D
it's that time again... maybe looking at I-phone 4S or Samsung galaxy S3 or the s3 mini...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for some advice.... A returning client has came to me in a bit of a dilemma and...
Replies
Views
lizzardtong
L
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
Renewing my contract and don't know which one to go for :mad2:. Have sony xperia at the moment...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.