Discuss phone upgrade.. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

Mr Tiler

untitledfhsrh.png

Somerset
Phones are like Tile cutters:
Apple - I reckon that's the Sigma of phones. Does everything really well and with style.
Samsung/Sony - always found Sony liable to have excellent innovation but poor practicality (something breaks after 3 months) - my Samsung phones (3 in last 6 years) always very robust as well as great phones. (Samsung could be the Rubi of phones :lol:). To choose the model that's best is a very personal thing - some like better cameras, some want more memory, some want thousands of apps to choose from, others just want a good phone that is on a reliable network. That's your shout Andy.

However, I have kicked all Android phones into touch. Google seriously worries me with what personal information they store - even Youtube is storing and using your personal information - be careful what you watch! But its what Google does with the information that most frustrates me - I don't want targeted marketing (I searched for and bought Spiderman Pyjamas for the grandkids - now everytime I want to watch Youtube I get offered Spiderman lunchboxes, Spiderman video games, Spiderman DVD's.....

I have all my business set up in Microsoft Office, and Sage programs saved on a Skydrive which were only compatible with Windows phones. So my last phone was a Nokia Lumia and now I can access specifications, and other useful documents on site. Love the Nokia, and now Microsoft is less powerful than both Apple and Google they are a more politically acceptable option :smilewinkgrin:

S

Stef

Having had to deal with Apple's customer service twice now, i would say they were very similar to Rubi in there attitude to the customer. Having said that, if you don't have a problem with their gear, it works! Can't really compare them to Rubi on that front lol!

What?? Apple customer care is second to none, problem with your Phone, book into the Genius Bar in store & if your Phone can't be sorted then they will give you a new Phone there & then, no hassle.

beanz

TF
Berkshire
Not if you've let a 3rd party work on your phone... I was aware it would void my warranty, but wasn't aware that they'd refuse to even touch the phone after that!?! Or even enter into any conversation about it! Their whole attitude was "tough luck (for want of a better word)!" Couldn't even get them to do a report on the phone, so I could take the 3rd party to court!?! That to me, is pretty poor customer service!

Q

Qwerty

Not if you've let a 3rd party work on your phone... I was aware it would void my warranty, but wasn't aware that they'd refuse to even touch the phone after that!?! Or even enter into any conversation about it! Their whole attitude was "tough luck (for want of a better word)!" Couldn't even get them to do a report on the phone, so I could take the 3rd party to court!?! That to me, is pretty poor customer service!

That is common with most things nowadays to be fair. New cars are nearly all like that. Work can only be completed by the manufacturer. I took my 4S to Genius Bar with an intermittent fault and walked out 30 mins later with a brand spanking new phone no problems :)

beanz

TF
Berkshire
That is common with most things nowadays to be fair. New cars are nearly all like that. Work can only be completed by the manufacturer. I took my 4S to Genius Bar with an intermittent fault and walked out 30 mins later with a brand spanking new phone no problems :)

That's not true at all!?! Yes, it would void your warranty, and I accept that. Not asking Apple to do the work for free... But a Ford garage, isn't going to refuse to sell and fit a new starter motor to your car, because another garage has fitted a sub standard 3rd party one.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to phone upgrade.. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

W
I know that most people use their phones for taking pictures of there work, not to happy with...
Replies
Views
R
Evening all. I'm wondering whether any of you have bought a portable reasonably priced...
Replies
Views
RDTiling
R
G
Upgrade due next month, now do I stay with Android and Samsung or something else ? 200 minutes...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 9966
D
Just a quick lesson you could learn from me. I upgraded the operating software on my MacBook...
Replies
Views
Back to it after a very quiet spell- Latest Alright all, After being dead quiet for the las...
Replies
Views
S

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB