Discuss Montolit/Sigma Tapping? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

Gall.B

Hi all, Recently got my self a Masterpiuma, have never seen anybody else using one apart from the youtube vids and was wondering whst the correct way to snap tiles was or what you guys do, as im still trying to get used to it

I have always used Sigma previously and pushed down on the tile rather than tap the handle because I got an absolute roasting of one of my tradesmen when using his machine as he said I would ruin his spindle!

This approach has always worked fine for me on Sigmas and could always get good results but is this the way all sigma users do it?

Monty users do you push or tap and do you fiddle much with the tension on the handle? Looking for some pointers, begining to think I should be sticking with Sigma :mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

G

grumpygrouter

The idea behind the adjuster on the Monti handle is so reduces the tendency to crush. However, with softer tiles you just need to have gentle pressure on the handle to get a good break. Harder tiles are best served using the "bang" method, you must adjust the handle though. I find if you adjust the screw with a bit of downward pressure on the handle until the adjuster just starts to tighten and then back of ever so slightly then normally you will get a good break. I do find that the adjuster can come loose though so it needs to be checked regularly.

I understand they were designed to be "banged" to break though, not just to have downward pressure al la Sigma.

Reply to Montolit/Sigma Tapping? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Seen a video on instagram of the new Sigma 4 cutters but didn’t quite show them close Up and the...
Replies
Views
Hello! I am new here but I have been reading a lot about manual tile cutters on the forum. I am...
Replies
Views
L
O
    • Winner
    • Informative
So as a couple of you may be aware, @Simon Dale his daughter Katrina, and myself are on a...
Replies
Views
L
B
Sold my last Rubi, TX1200 last month and purchased the Montolit Flashline Evo rail system that...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
I
    • Agree
the tile cutter, here everyone wants to know which brand is the best. but are we sure that a...
Replies
Views
Blunt Tool
B

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Montolit/Sigma Tapping?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.