Discuss Moral dilema in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

gamma38

TF
Bedford
Hi all,
I am just finishing a geometric floor for a customer, as the plumber felt this was just a tad out of his remit...... However he felt it was acceptable to tile a bathroom and a ensuite using marble weighing roughly 40ish kg's per sq mtr. En suite straight onto plasterboard, main bathroom onto still wet plaster skim. Even worse, a 6mm trowel with wait for it....... tubbed addy. I feel i should tell the customer what he is doing etc but he is a pretty good family friend to them and i haven't been paid yet. How would you guys approach this?

gamma38

TF
Bedford
I agree with both of you, my problem is they have two young kids that will be bouncing in the bath, which is the plaster skim room. If the worst happened and I said nothing how would I feel. On the other hand if i do say something they would undoubtably take his side and i get no recommendations from them and no future work from them. Dammed if you do and dammed if you don't scenario. Do these people ever get truly found out Deano? I always wonder!!!!!!

Do these people ever get truly found out Deano

No they don't, 'cos no-one ever tells them. Yet this bloke will be getting paid good £ for marble and will be moving onto the next one with more confidence.

My good mates a painter, but I wouldn't be fussed if someone told me his plumbing was a bit ropey.

Get paid, then tell them. If they dismiss it tell them to research a few things

M

Mr Tiler

So if in 6 months time you hear that a tile has come of and split a young childs head open (Or anyones head for that matter) You think your conscience would be clear when you had a chance to point out it was wrong? I think not!

hey man i didnt put the tiles on the wall lol...

you could also swing that thought around and say if he did tell the customers about the bad work and then 6 months down the line finds out that no little girl split her head open but the plumber actually was handed a massive contract and plenty of work but not for gamma as he would rather grass him up to the customers about bad workmanship.... id feel even worse then lol

gamma38

TF
Bedford
if you are going to say anything at all you should do so now before the job is finished. but you should be aware that this sort of thing can backfire on you and cost you more than you Imagen.
I do agree that's what is stopping me i think, i would hate to see anyone hurt due to this nob but i do also have my business and reputation to think of.

Reply to Moral dilema in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

We just had a 1.5 sq. m area of floor tiled professionally in our ensuite. The base floor is 18...
Replies
Views
P
Hi all. Starting a job this week over two rooms, a bathroom and a shower room. Room was all...
Replies
Views
Perfect Tiling
P
C
hi all got a bit of a dilema hoping that you guys and gals can help with. some of you may...
2 3
Replies
Views
dave l and l
D
4,858 of 4,965 people found the following review helpful 5.0 out of 5 stars Oh the shame...., 3...
Replies
Views
This is especially for "customers" -anyone who wants to buy or choose their own tiles (whether...
Replies
Views
Qwerty
Q

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB