Discuss Another customer falls for a so called tiler in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

As for Multi-traders (croft) ... If you are good at what you do & are backed up by references + take great pride in your work then I don't see a problem with any of it of course.

I personally don't take a certificate of course completion as a positive thing straight away anymore unfortunately..
Only because a local multi-trader to me has his certificates plastered all over his van and tells me I am wrong when looking at a bouncing wooden floor a while back on a job.. when I pulled the floor up, the joists in question didn't meet the internal walls!!
I later learnt he has no work due to such a bad reputation :lol:

C

cr0ft

LOL he sounds like a bellend. I'm not a tiler as my first trade and I know that bouncing floor and rigid tiles = disaster!!

Have just spent a whole day recently strengthening a first floor wetroom floor by blocking it solid with 4x2 timber before overlaying with 25mm plywood and floor tanking with decoupler membrane. There is no movement in that bad boy at all now but I am worried that the floor weighs more than the house!

It just goes to show that being on Rated People and other such listings is no guarantee of a job well done. However, it's easy to see how the general public are taken in by these sites.

The way is see it Rookery, is some customers think shoddy work produced by rogue tradesman looks fine,great etc...
So if they have paid for something which looks good to them even though you and I see flaws and sub-standard work they will right a review for the rogue's... (so they get away with it, with a tick!)
This is why I want to be part of the TTA, so I am properly vetted by people who know what they are talking about!

Reply to Another customer falls for a so called tiler in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Help! Advice needed please! I am in the middle of a bathroom renovation that my partner is...
Replies
Views
W
I’m thinking about compiling a list/checklist for prospective customers to ask their Tilers...
Replies
Views
Spare Tool
S
T
It’s in open forum so ‘mind your language ‘! On Monday last week I did something I’ve not done...
Replies
Views
WetSaw
W
D
Hello. I need my shower room floor tiling. Because it's a small room, no one is interested :( So...
Replies
Views
WetSaw
W
I'm a chippy, I fit a lot of kitchens and some bathrooms, inevitably I have done quite a bit of...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Another customer falls for a so called tiler
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Australia Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond