Discuss Mosiac and pencil trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

tfs

Here is an example here of one I did today, in this case due to tiling around door I decided to tile over doorway and down at other side so I used the nails due to tiles sliding slightly as I laid them. I worked my way to each tile when setting the border and if required raised each tile as I went along and supported with nails.

ps. these mosaics are a pain in the backside for cutting around sockets:lol:

Attachments

• DSC00853.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 40
Last edited by a moderator:
B

bigp747

Do the stilets and mosaics all together and use strips of the cardboard box that the tiles came in as your spacers, leave to set then tile above. You could also make it all up on a strip of 6mm ply and stick the whole lot on this would save time having to wait for the things to set as in my first solution. However this method is best used if your mosaic is much thinner than your main tile. hope this helps.

S

shogun rua

Here is an example here of one I did today, in this case due to tiling around door I decided to tile over doorway and down at other side so I used the nails due to tiles sliding slightly as I laid them. I worked my way to each tile when setting the border and if required raised each tile as I went along and supported with nails.

ps. these mosaics are a pain in the backside for cutting around sockets:lol:

thanks mate

S

shogun rua

Do the stilets and mosaics all together and use strips of the cardboard box that the tiles came in as your spacers, leave to set then tile above. You could also make it all up on a strip of 6mm ply and stick the whole lot on this would save time having to wait for the things to set as in my first solution. However this method is best used if your mosaic is much thinner than your main tile. hope this helps.

thanks

Reply to Mosiac and pencil trim in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Evening, Hope this post is in the correct section. If not, please feel free to move! I'm...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I've had a bit of an issue on a job I've been doing recently. We finished tiling on...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a wetroom tray on timber floor. We have an impey shower tray and tanking membrane...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Mosiac and pencil trim
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.