Guest viewing is limited

Discuss multiple rooms in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

andy-p

TF
Arms
Wasnt on abou keeping square was on about rooms looking out of wack.

If you tile your kitchen and have to follow into a living room due to room shapes and wall angle you can generally only get one room looking bang on.

Beginning in the kitchen you should work off your eye line which is generally the plinth oposite the door, this can go in fine but that line may leave you with a narrow or angular cut in the lounge ye. Breaking your threasholds allows you to set each room so they all look as they should..............

I wasnt replyin to your post as i agree breaking up rooms can be the better option but if you have to keep the tiles running through the laser square is the biscuit.. :thumbsup:

Y

Yorkshire Tiling Services

Been doing it for years Doug and as we work with stone it can look pucka...........

Used same principle here where we had varying floor levels. Focal point will always take the eye off the ball..............:thumbsup:

This is all about selling yourself & suggesting ideas to customer ( that they might not have thought about )
Make them think it was their idea, & a fantastic design ! Something different.
They have no need to know that breaking up rooms will make your life easier :thumbsup:

When faced with large inter room fixes one of you main problems can be marking out. That is you can mark out 1 room and it looks good but when following your lines other rooms can look out of wack.

As has been said an expansion at threshold can help in situations but often looks out of place .

We got into the practice of breaking large fixes at thresholds which allows each room to be treated seperately while including a feature.....

May be worth a thought............

I have done this before and it allows you to treat each room individually, thus they all look well set out:thumbsup:

Reply to multiple rooms in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
J
Hi All, I will post some details and see if anybody is interested. I have tried to attach a...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
Are we returning to autocratic and oerbearing victorian ideals.........read the following...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 9966
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
multiple rooms
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.