Discuss My Amarok should be here in a week or so in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Can't find the original thread, I'll transfer this post over to it if I manage to.

But I thought I'd say my Amarok should be here in a week or so! It's in the country at a port, and is on it's way to the dealers (I've had to pay £245 + VAT for "delivery" to the dealers?!?!?! WTF?!?! - asked if I can pick it up from the port to save the cash and was told no!).

Been a delay due to the sidebars not being available on the highline models (they're slightly different sidebars to the rest of the range) and they don't start to build them until they have all the parts for them as they don't want to store them or have them shifted around too much partly built.

I've been waiting since mid-2011 for one. I originally ordered one that was built in Argentina and not Germany. And by the time it was in the dealers they'd increased the price of them, and also started to build them in Germany. So I sold mine before even driving it for a grand more than I bought it for, and ordered a higher spec one (I have the highest, but I've ordered loads of goodies now with it) and it's built in Germany too.

They've also increased the engine power on the 2013 models (of which mine is classed as) so my mate who bought is in 2011 is a bit gutted. But oh well.

Can't bloody wait. Could have done with it this week with the snow really but the scooby is doing well. Just some random 4-wheel drifting going on but I don't mind a bit of sideways. :)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
What goodies you having ?????
It's the highline model so it's the top end one, think it comes with multifunction steering wheel, parking sensors, leather interior, bigger and lighter alloys, auto wipers and auto lights, and when you turn the key off the mirrors fold in, when you turn it on they fold out (it's quite wide so that's handy - not on the older models and neither is the lighting and wipers or wheel!) and probably something else that I've forgot.

Though the extra's I've got is the Kenwood TV/DVD Nav stereo, sprayed load liner (some rubber crumb stuff akin to fastflex actually), tow bar, underbody protector (a steel plate for off-roading), selectable lockable diff (the standard highline even doesn't have a lockable diff so that's an extra - should be included IMO), aux & power points by the tailgate (not sure what they're for but I bet a tradesman would be able to use them well for tools and lighting etc) and a couple of other things. Can't actually remember everything with waiting so bloody long!!!

Aftermarket-wise I've got the reg plate F6RUM, and am getting some different alloys with off-road tyres on, having A-bars on the front, LED daytime running lights, hidden winch (sits behind the grill with a cool slot to pull out the hook/eye), roof lights that come on a cool strip that looks just like a cool roof bar then the lights are off, CB-radio for off-roading, lift-kit (thinking 40mm minimum, with tyres a couple of inches bigger so perhaps a 55+mm overall lift).

Then for the summer I want it to look a bit like a cool massive keep. So I'll be sticking the smaller wheels with bigger chunky tyres on it for the most-part, then having bars on the back with more lights on, round ones this time (if you're thinking too much lighting here, you'll only actually see the normal headlights and then the usual 4 round lights on the bars at the back during the day, it's only when I switch them on you see the extra roof lights - I'll try find you a picture of them).

For the winter a hardtop on the back without the bars and lights. And I'll stick the bigger wheels on and stick some winter tyres on them.

Also wrapping it twice a year (once when the hardtop comes off, once when it goes on) to be inkeeping with the forum sponsorship and current sponsors, and to also give it a fresh look for shows and off-roading events each year.

It's a marketing tool more than anything so needs to look spot-on all the time. I work from home I actually have no need for something for work. (A 365drills smart car would be more than ample what I do driving-wise usually.) The sponsors are on board with it and will be providing all sorts throughout the year to promote and test.

Never bought any vehicle brand new before now. In fact the newest vehicle I had was 4 years old, was a 52 plate in 56. Corolla T-Sport. So this is really big for me and I've literally been planning this for years.

It's also the forum I've invested the most cash into by the looks of it!

Wot BHP is it. ?
Used to be 163, now 180.
Can remap a 163 to just over 200, about 203ish, with a couple of small modifications. Should be able to get a 180 to about 215 with similar modifications.
Loads of torque though no matter what engine.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Not sure the sales manager was out when I went in today. Nobody actually knew if that was mine or not but it's got all the extra's on I've ordered so I'll assume it is until I get corrected lol

Just needs PDI checking and then I collect it. Not sure how long that takes? Is it just like a MOT type affair where they check everything?

D

Deleted member 9966

Not sure the sales manager was out when I went in today. Nobody actually knew if that was mine or not but it's got all the extra's on I've ordered so I'll assume it is until I get corrected lol

Just needs PDI checking and then I collect it. Not sure how long that takes? Is it just like a MOT type affair where they check everything?

PDI's used to be tick-box exercises but the last time I bought a new car direct from a dealership was 11 years ago. They also stamp your service book to show the PDI has been done, I think.

You do realise you'll get it home and won't want to take it out in the snow, just in case somebody comes along and dings it? I had my corsa for 4 months before somebody dinged it. I was never attached to it after that although I do miss it now because it was so ickle and easy to drive.

D

Dougs Third Go

I thought you were buying a dog or something!
Now I've read it - enjoy the vehicle.
I thought he was buying one of these John

Woolrich-Mens-Arctic-Anorak-Dark-Wood.jpg

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Is the reg plate you bought going straight on it Dan?

No mate, picking it up plated with it's own allocation and then transferring it myself before I do the old Pimp My Ride style reveal lol
Doing it as a project for the forum so got the lads involved in what they'd want to see on it and what they want us to test etc. So got a big list, and going to pick a setup for the initial reveal with a cool wrap and whatnot. Want some pictures to be posted with it quite stock though first (looks stock other than the wheels and tow bar now even with the few bits and bobs).

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
PDI's used to be tick-box exercises but the last time I bought a new car direct from a dealership was 11 years ago. They also stamp your service book to show the PDI has been done, I think.

You do realise you'll get it home and won't want to take it out in the snow, just in case somebody comes along and dings it? I had my corsa for 4 months before somebody dinged it. I was never attached to it after that although I do miss it now because it was so ickle and easy to drive.

Ta Liz.

Taking it out in the snow?!?!?! I have three off-roading days booked already lol. Got to do a right chore of booking long weekends away every weekend for the next 10 (from when I get it) to get the engine run in well so I can modify it ;) (some old FezRacers never change eh?) - Got a DPF removal and remap booked in already for that.

I got visions of Dan with his nose pressed to the showroom window now ! :smilewinkgrin:

It's outside lol - I actually touched it, twice!!!!! haha

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to My Amarok should be here in a week or so in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hi. I'm relatively new to tiling, and have begun offering it as a service alongside my existing...
Replies
Views
C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
Replies
Views
R
Hi all, I've been reading all your helpful advice to everyone, so after tearing my hair out...
Replies
Views
R

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB