Discuss My days are numbered... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

Colin Appleby

Hello, everyone!

Let's be upfront about this: I work for the marketing communications agency used by BAL.

That being the case, it probably won't be long before I'm thrown out ... again.

I am, however, an optimist. I am willing to believe that, although this is sponsored by competitors to BAL, it might be an impartial, unbiased forum - although more than a couple of professional tilers have said to me that anyone responding here to attacks on BAL is fairly swiftly banned.

Let's see how long I last...

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Hi Colin,

Welcome aboard the forum.

You're fine to have an account here providing you don't push the BAL brand. :thumbsup:

BAL asked for their accounts to be removed (both Gaz and Danny) else they'd still be here too no doubt.

We don't 'attack' bal and we're not just about adhesives here, it's a small part of our forum. We're not that fussed which adhesives are used providing they're a decent brand, any decent brand. However we do need funding to run the forum and appreciate Mapei's support, so we help them with advertising their training days etc.

You'll see more posts on here from BAL reps than all other adhesive brands put together if you dig around.

I trust that you understand the forum is impartial.

All the best

Dan

D

DHTiling

Hello Colin and welcome.. I think you are misinformed about BAL members getting banned, we still have their pm's asking to have their accounts removed.

We are not an Anti BAL forum and many adhesives etc are discussed on this board and as Dan said above as long as no sales posts are put on the forum then you are free to chat tile.

The only ones complaining that i can see are the ones who no longer use tilers forums .

We look after our sponsors , hence why other retailers are not allowed to external link etc.. to their shops/sites.. but impartial we are and if you look around the various sub forums etc then that is apparent IMO.. and members chat freely.

U

user123

Hi, Colin :)

I think many on here would really appreciate your input! If you do marketing communications, I assume you are interested in feedback and customers opinions, and I think you may find that the issue of the cost of Bal products crops up over and over again. I am not a tiler, I am a Mosaic artist, albeit with a NETT qualification and a love for quality tiling, and as I live away from the major tilling supply stores I have limited options here.
One of them is Topps Tiles, who do stock some of your products, and my experience there has been so bad, which reflects poorly on Bal Products and on Topps Tiles. I found myself confronted with frankly outrageous prices for even simple standby necessities like latex additive compared with again the limited stock of Mapei and Ultra products at another local tile merchant - plus such poor service at Topps Tiles that the combination of both just made the prospect of buying Bal products very unappetising.

I cannot believe that any company in the present climate would want customers having bad experiences, that they would want to be involved with retail outlets who are notoriously unpopular with professional tilers, nor that they would want the very tradespeople who could be their main customers finding comparable products cheaper elsewhere.

This is not a slight on you personally, at all, Colin, but as you are here as a representative of Bal I feel it is only fair that the impression of any forum member prejudice against Bal is given proper explanation. This is a wonderful forum with many tilers who take take pride in their work as much as in costeffective service to their customers, a perfect forum for you, I am sure, to gain added information what the industry is really looking out for. :)

P

Perry

Welcome Colin i use PCI adhesives and tell all that they the best thing since sliced bread and say so all the time but thats only my opinion but i wouldn't try to advertise them here and have never had one cross word from the forum since i have joined unlike the pink forum which i was not allowed to talk about any pci products only allowed to talk about Bal products which is why i never returned regards Pete

Reply to My days are numbered... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

B
I'm hoping for some professional advice on what to do with my new Limstone tiled floor - I'm at...
Replies
Views
4,858 of 4,965 people found the following review helpful 5.0 out of 5 stars Oh the shame...., 3...
Replies
Views
B
NETT 9 DAY PLASTERING COURSE - EXCELLENT!!! Hi All, just to let you know I've just completed...
Replies
Views
ADRIANSWALLS
A
D
Brace yourself for the biggest dollop of old WAFFLE in your life. As the saying goes "If it...
Replies
Views
A
Well before i get into the selling circle itself there are certain things you need to know in...
Replies
Views
AMtek
A

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
My days are numbered...
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.