Discuss My days are numbered... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Whilst we chat CTD.. Weber are hard to beat on price.. some great offers at CTD now and again, including the odd offer on BAL.. but i think members are on about the whole pricing of it Andrew..

Me i love BAL but i refuse to pass on the costs in this recession to my customers, hence i moved on and try other products that work as well.. it is a tight market out there and we have to try and win what work we can IMO.. we are not here to bash anyone, just get a good price..

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
Hi, Colin :)

I think many on here would really appreciate your input! If you do marketing communications, I assume you are interested in feedback and customers opinions, and I think you may find that the issue of the cost of Bal products crops up over and over again. I am not a tiler, I am a Mosaic artist, albeit with a NETT qualification and a love for quality tiling, and as I live away from the major tilling supply stores I have limited options here.
One of them is Topps Tiles, who do stock some of your products, and my experience there has been so bad, which reflects poorly on Bal Products and on Topps Tiles. I found myself confronted with frankly outrageous prices for even simple standby necessities like latex additive compared with again the limited stock of Mapei and Ultra products at another local tile merchant - plus such poor service at Topps Tiles that the combination of both just made the prospect of buying Bal products very unappetising.

I cannot believe that any company in the present climate would want customers having bad experiences, that they would want to be involved with retail outlets who are notoriously unpopular with professional tilers, nor that they would want the very tradespeople who could be their main customers finding comparable products cheaper elsewhere.

This is not a slight on you personally, at all, Colin, but as you are here as a representative of Bal I feel it is only fair that the impression of any forum member prejudice against Bal is given proper explanation. This is a wonderful forum with many tilers who take take pride in their work as much as in costeffective service to their customers, a perfect forum for you, I am sure, to gain added information what the industry is really looking out for. :)

I don't think he's here as a representative of BAL per se but I'm sure he'd be happy to relay feedback.

T

Tats

Whilst we chat CTD.. Weber are hard to beat on price.. some great offers at CTD now and again, including the odd offer on BAL.. but i think members are on about the whole pricing of it Andrew..

Me i love BAL but i refuse to pass on the costs in this recession to my customers, hence i moved on and try other products that work as well.. it is a tight market out there and we have to try and win what work we can IMO.. we are not here to bash anyone, just get a good price..

hey i love kerequick to especially at the mo ctd only <PRICE REMOVED>

Last edited by a moderator:
surrey
Well Bal are 2 expensive as you direct your sells to the punter and not the trade , hence your main company is Topps . Used most products ardex is my main use, but love PTB fanastic product , but mapei has some fanastic products but cant get my hands on it as my main source company dont stock it shame ,
Its about time bal brought out some rapid set Grouts but your lagging behind but then you are owned by Ardex

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Lincolnshire
I am not sure I understand why everyone thinks BAL are TOO expensive. if they were TOO expensive then they would not be selling any gear. It may well be that they are more expensive than the suppliers you are currently using. It may well be that they cost more than you are willing to pay.

If you are not happy to pay their price then simply buy something that you are happy to pay the price for. They are selling their gear so someone must feel they are not too expensive.

surrey
i like some of bal product it is the cost in the most part that makes it tough in using bal, as like everything most builders and contractors will push prices down and you have to compete , its all about profit at the end of the day and if you can save £5 per bag on a product you will have a better chance in getting the contract, mapei ardex and others are bringing prices down with the understanding of the times and Bal are slowly following suit , most sellers are going to sell products they make a bigger profit on and in are area Bal is to expensive sorry but true

Reply to My days are numbered... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

B
I'm hoping for some professional advice on what to do with my new Limstone tiled floor - I'm at...
Replies
Views
4,858 of 4,965 people found the following review helpful 5.0 out of 5 stars Oh the shame...., 3...
Replies
Views
B
NETT 9 DAY PLASTERING COURSE - EXCELLENT!!! Hi All, just to let you know I've just completed...
Replies
Views
ADRIANSWALLS
A
D
Brace yourself for the biggest dollop of old WAFFLE in your life. As the saying goes "If it...
Replies
Views
A
Well before i get into the selling circle itself there are certain things you need to know in...
Replies
Views
AMtek
A

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
My days are numbered...
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.