Discuss My First Paid Job in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Well, my second actually. Forgot to take photos of my first one, a kitchen floor, as got a bit excited and cleared off minus photos. Anyhow, the hard work has paid off and I've been paid up, happy days. Not quite quick enough to give the day job up just yet lol! :grin:

WP_20151019_003.jpg WP_20151019_001.jpg WP_20151019_006.jpg WP_20151019_001.jpg WP_20151019_003.jpg WP_20151019_006.jpg

O

Old Mod

What Ray is pointing out is that in the internal corner by the window u've wrapped the pattern around the corner which is the correct thing to do.
By the kettle u've started with just a half tile out of the corner on each wall with different colours, rather than wrapping the pattern.
Wouldn't worry about your speed, that's an experiance thing, but it's not just about putting tiles on the wall, it's also about being able to set the walls out by just looking and having a plan of action straight off the bat!
Being organised, and knowing how to approach it with the minimum amount of effort and work.
Nice job mate!

S

StevieBoy

It's certainly different I'll give you that.

However, the 1" or whatever size strip it is on the top row of the wall where the kettle is, is not really right.

What you ought to have done is gone 5 rows high, or if customer only wanted 4, took a line up to the edge of the cupboard, tiled upto underside of cupboards then back down to 4 rows outside of the cupboards.
You wouldn't normally put a cut on the top row.

Same with the wall to the left of the extractor, always try and make the top row a full tile not a cut.

But if it's your first job, I suppose I may be being too critical.

Just advising mate that's all.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Just Rizzle

speed is isnt an issue when your first starting out getting it right is more important.
speed comes with practice and practice comes by doing a good job and getting recommended by your clients. 90percent of my work comes from repeat business good luck.
my avatoir if you look at it is a mosaic floor of a shower room did some years ago took 2 weeks to install it s fish in a pond:)

dynamictiling

TF
Esteemed
glasgow
Thanks all for the encouragement. As a matter of interest, what could you do differently in that corner? And how long would it take you professionals to do the job? Cheers

Typically speaking Andy, it would take me 3-4 hours to do a kitchen like that. But as mentioned practice makes perfect. The speed side of it comes with time. Ohhh and cracking job Andy keep up the good work ;-)

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to My First Paid Job in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
I’m halfway through tiling a shower cubicle at home. First time doing any tiling. I’ve used...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hello. Can I take your advice please? Our groundworks company are refusing to guarantee their...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB