Guest viewing is limited
  • Thread starter steve.martin
  • Start date
  • Replies 23
  • Views 2K
  • Tags
    usa

Discuss My names steve but all my friends call me yetti in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

steve.martin

macten thanks for that
but previously when i asked about tiling on green chipboard you advised to overboard with no more ply i think where i am getting confused and confusing you is how i have asked the questions so to clarify a chipboard floor is robust enough to tile on but is unsuitable for the adheasive to stick too so therefore the need to overboard with a suitable material can this be ditra mat instead of no mre ply ?

T

Time's Ran Out

Yes you can use the uncoupling method - ie Ditra matting, to overlay the green chipboard.
It's also referred to as a crack membrane and for the softer stone materials its often advisable to use all the time.
All the information you'll receive can only be given without the benefit of seeing the floor and ultimately its deflection/movement has to be within the parameters that any product will allow.
There are adhesives with flexible admixes that you can tile straight onto floorboards - but when its cracks the manufacturer will not accept liability as they will assume movement in the subfloor!
So if you are confident of a secure sub floor either a) fix a 6mm cement board (taping all joints) or b) overlay/stick uncoupling membrane (taping all joints).

Reply to My names steve but all my friends call me yetti in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
My tiled bathroom floor is new but I have moisture seemingly seeping up through the grouting in...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am hoping I may be able to get some advice. 2 years ago we had a new kitchen fitted and...
Replies
Views
Bit of an intro - I'm a competent DIYer and have been refurbing the bathroom on and off for the...
Replies
Views
L
Hi guys, its my first post on there though have been gaining useful tips for a while so thanks...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
My names steve but all my friends call me yetti
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.