Discuss My old bike... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

hillhead

Iv bought 3 bikes since last october.first up was a trek mountain bike.my wife took it.lol.i then bought a marin trail bike.the one day i seen a better marin for sale at a good price so i jumped and bought.I sold my second bike no probs.Anyone after a good bike can grab great deals now and over the coming months as the 2011 models appear.the top names to look out for in mountain bikes are: trek.marin.specialized.lapierre.cube.giant.santa cruz.kona.scott and the list goes on but believe me there bikes can take some abuse.all good bikes have hydraulic brakes now too.There is a big trail centre being currently built about 20miles from me.happy days come march.lol

H

hillhead

are Kona still building bikes Joe? I thought they went bump a few years ago..:shy:
They sure are Liz,
i was looking at a Kona Bolt in a mag just last night,a new hardtail(front suspension) thats been designed specifically for UK riding,it's a budget built bike priced at £650 but would do a lot of folk well.It's the lowest priced out of 3 in the range.
I know a fey guys with konas,great bikes too.

M

M.J.

:) I can understand that the info is incomplete:oops: Sorry about that. I found a bit more.

Raleigh Sahara
Category: Mountain bikes
FRAME: steel dampers, height 470 millimeters
Fork: dampers, move 50 millimeters.
SPEED: 21 speed Shimano Revo RD-TX30/RS31-7
Wheels: Aluminum double-braided strips 9h4
BRAKES: front and rear aluminum V-Brake

I bought it cause I live pretty close to my job and I'm trying to improve my life. I haven't any bike for years and thinks have changed since then :)

D

Deleted member 9966

:) I can understand that the info is incomplete:oops: Sorry about that. I found a bit more.

Raleigh Sahara
Category: Mountain bikes
FRAME: steel dampers, height 470 millimeters
Fork: dampers, move 50 millimeters.
SPEED: 21 speed Shimano Revo RD-TX30/RS31-7
Wheels: Aluminum double-braided strips 9h4
BRAKES: front and rear aluminum V-Brake

I bought it cause I live pretty close to my job and I'm trying to improve my life. I haven't any bike for years and thinks have changed since then :)

sounds like you got a good bike there MJ for what you're going to use it for. and it's still a relatively new model. do you have a skid lid aka crash helmet? that's the only piece of safety kit I would never be without now.

:hurray:

M

M.J.

sounds like you got a good bike there MJ for what you're going to use it for. and it's still a relatively new model. do you have a skid lid aka crash helmet? that's the only piece of safety kit I would never be without now.

:hurray:
Thanks that only makes me happy. And the guy who sold it to me said like that but I don't usually believe the traders. :) I've got and helmet and intend to go at work with my bike from the next Monday. I have big luck to live pretty close to my work. :) But first I'll try it for a couple of days at the park.

B

Bolter

Wow cheap bikes in this thread! Ive just ordered a few upgrades for mine, the forks are £500! And believe me thats nothing on a pair of forks!

Saw some pedals the other day £400 for the pair! lol whaaaaa?

Thanks that only makes me happy. And the guy who sold it to me said like that but I don't usually believe the traders. :) I've got and helmet and intend to go at work with my bike from the next Monday. I have big luck to live pretty close to my work. :) But first I'll try it for a couple of days at the park.

Once you are happy riding the journey to work, a fun way to increase the exercise you get from it, is to time your journey, and the next day, try to shave 10 seconds off that time. Over the week, you will be nearly a minute faster :)

Dont have to ride like a loon, just go at a steady pace. And the next day, increase slightly :) Once your fitness is up a little, you'll find you will be less of a heaving sweaty mess, and get more of a buzz from it.

Be safe, have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bolter

im back in the saddle on my specilized rockhopper its 15 years old now but looks like new but when you compare it to a modern day bike it weighs a tonne no disk brakes etc might have to chance it soon as im doing the coast to coast ride early next year

A cheap way to get a decent bike is to go to your nearest trail centre, or better yet, the nearest reservoir popular with biking, as they get rid of their hire bikes once a year normally.

Now, they are well ridden bikes, but the hire centre will service them fortnightly, so basically you can pick up a £900 bike for £400ish, and its bed in and fully serviced. Not a bad deal in anyone's book.

The other trick is go to the place that has the flattest ride. What I mean is, if you went to the Marin Trails in Wales, and purchased one of their bikes, that bike has been thrown down a mountain all year, whereas Rutland Waters near me has a 20mile flat ride on gravel paths and you know the bike has not had much punishment ;)

Reply to My old bike... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello, this is my first post so here goes, advice needed. It was decided that I should renovate...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm part re-tiling/plastering a bathroom, which as the pictures show, has masonary to...
Replies
Views
Hello! At the completion of my new kitchen tile installation, the grout I had selected (dark...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
My old bike...
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.