Discuss My UFH - when can I try it? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

markkettle

I installed my UFH last week using Mapai super flexible adhesive. It didn't say on the bag how long to leave it for so I called their helpline. The chap that answered was extremely helpful and said that I must leave it for 21 days. After that I'm to set the thermostat to 5 degrees and leave it for 3 days then turn it up 2 degrees a day until it reaches maximum. Should be ready just in time for summer :)

surrey
this is what i recommend to my customers , allow floor to dry 28 days, start at 5-10 degrees and then increase every 24 hours 1 degree a day run to 23 degrees so it could take 18-13 days to get it to run at that , then i ask them to decrease it the same way once they have done this allow to cool , then they can use normally , i have never had a failure when its done this way , some will say over accessive but i dont care , rather be safe than sorry

Reply to My UFH - when can I try it? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
P
Hiya I know this was 10 years ago hoping you still use the same email address and get this...
Replies
Views
I just set new porcelain 8 x 8 tile in my rear entryway (3 ft x 3 ft area). I love the results...
Replies
Views
We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V
I'm planning to install underfloor heating in adjoining kitchen and front room. approx 17m2 @...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
My UFH - when can I try it?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.