Discuss My Website - Your Feedback Please in the Tilers' Talk - All Other Countries area at TilersForums.com.

W

wetdec

They alternate between tiling castleford / wakefield / normaton mate, at least they should, trying to bump the search engine hits up a bit by getting the key words in.

The pictures in the banner at the top of the page aren't work i've done (i wish!), there just for the banner to make the page look a bit less blank. I thought i had carefully selected them from an australian sample catalogue, i woried that if i used any from english sites they'd be someones work from here. Obviously one slipped through the net, unless the auzzy site nicked them from you in the first place lol. Very nice work though mate.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Did anyone have to scroll left to right or did the page fit on your screens.

Oli

Hey Oli the image is fine m8 no worries there a few of mine out there doesnt bother me one bit it looks cool

tiler

W

wetdec

Hi Oli

Have a think on this ;

Alt tags are for blind people so speach software can pick it up and explai what the picture is. You shouldnt abuse it but as well as helping others it can help you.

eg

Bathroom Tiled in Wakefield

could read

White bathroom floor tiles with under floor heating instal near Wakefield (3 search terms here now and only 78 characters)

Use it dont abuse it :thumbsup:

tiler

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Olz

Hi Oli

Have a think on this ;

Alt tags are for blind people so speach software can pick it up and explai what the picture is. You shouldnt abuse it but as well as helping others it can help you.

eg

Bathroom Tiled in Wakefield

could read

White bathroom floor tiles with under floor heating instal (2 search terms here now)

Use it dont abuse it :thumbsup:

tiler

Thanks, I wondered what they were actually for, i thought they were just there so you got a little pop up label when you put the mouse pointer over the picture.

Going to carry on tweaking the site as advised, posted up in the link topic by the way, great idea.

Whilst were talking about the alt tags, i take it there is some way you can make your computer read them to you??

As always cheers for the advice.

Oli

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to My Website - Your Feedback Please in the Tilers' Talk - All Other Countries area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello lads and ladies, I've been working on a new website. www.FreeRatedTraders.com. It's a...
Replies
Views
We had our loft bathroom done a month ago and are having issues with the tiler (recommended on a...
Replies
Views
Vinny Kehoe
V
Hi, I recently purchased my first property and the existing kitchen floor porcelain tiles were...
Replies
Views
O
    • Winner
FIXRADIO are looking for 20 nominations for their Wall and Floor Tiler of the year 2019...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I’m looking for a bit of help please. My house was a new build 18 months ago and...
Replies
Views
J Sid
J

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB