Discuss Need a new bed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 9966

stopped in a hotel recently the bed was so comfy , wish i had took name of the matress, coz ours is awfull

one of the hotel chains, I think it's Marriott, actually sideline and sell everything you can find in their hotel bedrooms - the mattresses, linen, lamps, cushions, so that's worth a look Dan.

we bought a Silentnight divan from Courts almost 10 years ago. Now that had a sprung divan base, 4 drawers ( 2 large plus 2 continental sytle ones which are smaller so you don't need to pull the bed out to get into the drawers) and the mattress was one of the first with pillow tops on both sides. It's been the best investment we ever made. I think it cost us £550 in the sale reduced from £950. We definitely need a new mattress for it as the original one is approaching 10 years old and it's time to change. Our sprung divan base is still as perfect as the day we bought it (possibly sunk a little) but certainly hasn't given way or become hard from usage.

CR Rob is right Dan. Find a good base and then invest in by far the best mattress you can. My replacement mattress I'm looking at will be around £800. But that's nothing compared to 10 years of good solid sleep :yesnod:

D

Deleted member 9966

I had the pleasure of a memory foam mattress at a hotel in Belgium about 3 years ago. All it did was, when mixed with all the free booze I'd been drinking, make me hot and bothered when I was trying to sleep. I seemed to radiate too much heat into the mattress and it rebounded back on me, keeping me awake as I had to have the air con on cool to keep me from overheating. I refuse to try another one :lol: I'm sure it had nothing to do with the alcohol :grin:

S

Scott

Ok my input as im looking for a larger bed at the moment.

My and the OH made our first joint purchase of a bed 6 years ago. We went to find a new mattress for her bed but they were expensive for just the mattress. We found the one we wanted, with teh memeory foam topping built in. The guy let us lie on it int he shop and then made us try it with the sprung divan base that went with it. Sold! It made such a difference and the memory foam makes you feel like you are sinking. I love it, i still hear the missus groan when she first lays down on it at night, at least i think thats what she is doing....:innocent:

We got ours from Dreams, it wasnt cheap i think it was about £800 in the sale. With that we got 40 days to decide if we liked it or not and they would take it back in that time if it wasnt comfy enough. Apparently thats enough time for your body to decide!
I defintely recommend Dreams as they were really good.

Allied carpets do some beds too if you can find a store as there arent many left. They are also doing lots of deals at the moment so a good time to buy, i bought my carpet from them today and they have been prety much told to do what it takes to get the order!

Reply to Need a new bed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
After annoying the guys in my local CTD for about an hour looking at samples and agonising on...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Dan

Staff member
Admin
Staffordshire, UK
Website
https://www.tilersforums.co.uk
What member type are you?
  1. DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
Business Name
Ekthetikos / untold.media

Thread Information

Title
Need a new bed
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.