Discuss Never Drill Again Bathroom Accessories in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
So you’ve just finished tiling your bathroom. It looks fantastic! You spent hours lovingly setting each tile in place, and you’re really pleased with how it all turned out. But now you need to accessorise. Toilet roll holders, soap dishes, towel rods, robe hooks, shower caddies, the whole shebang; and you know what that means; [...]

More information.
Walls and Floors Blog Feed.

Andrew

TF
surrey
I have just finished a porcelain job and have never come across a tougher tile to drill, I tried my normal marcrist dry/self cooling hole cutters for an 8mm hole that burnt out 2mm in to the 10mm tile, (low speed no hammer etc..) I then exhausted my collection of every brand I know and eventually managed the 8 holes I needed! What with your opinion is the best brand of drill bit for the toughest of porcelain?

C

Concrete guy

It's the small holes that create the problems. There really is only a finite amount of diamond you can attach to the tip of a 6mm tube.

Two way to attack these - throw lots of very inexpensive bits at the problem. Or invest in something a bit more substantial.

It's when you start to look in that middle ground that you just end up burning bits and money.

By volume, we sell more 6mm electroplated holesaws than anything else, thousands of them.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Never Drill Again Bathroom Accessories in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

D
How do I drill a hole in a steel bath. Or cast iron bath. Instructions on drilling into baths...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
D
http://youtu.be/BxFUT2sH7rw Introducing PORSADRILL turbo cores. Faster drilling...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
Walls and Floors are at it again, with more fantastic savings on tiles, adhesives, grouts and...
Replies
Views
D
Installing LED lighting into tiles is becoming more popular as well as other lighting effects...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
L
Hi guys what are you guys charging for drilling porcelain tiles . been asked to put up soap dish...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB