Discuss New bathroom pics in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Tidy work Bob...looking good :thumbsup: I just viewed the whole album on P.Bucket, save clicking on all the pics individually.

Were you not tempted to put a full tile in at the end of the bath, next to the door? I'm sure the eye wouldn't notice the lack of grout line, if you know what I mean? Done it myself, to avoid the bulging bath panels!!

Anyway, I don't wish to detract from all the hard work you've put into it. It looks great anyways.

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
I know what you mean DJS, its amazing how much the camera picks up. When you see i nomally its not obvious.

The main reason I posted these is not to 'show off' as such, but open up my work to constructive critisism.

3 years ago I'd never even laid a tile before in my life (I'm 32 now) and I've ashamed to say I've had no formal tiling training, what you see there is what I've perfected on my own with getting tips from forums such as this.

I work on my own and this will be the first time any tiler has seen my work and given feedback.

I'm a plumber by trade who does everything from blocked drains to bathrooms. The customer here was totally over the moon and I'm going back next year to do their en-suite. I'm booked solid for bathrooms untill March now.

Like you Bob, I started out as a plumber, but got drawn into tiling becuase of all the shocking jobs that I seen, and my landlord asked me to do his bathroom for a months free rent.

I consider myself a bit of a perfectionist like yourself. 5 yrs ago, I'd never done anything like this, and I'm 35yrs old now, so I guess we made the decision to change careers about the same age - 29/30?

I didn't mean it as a critisism, just an observation. Hope you liked the tip, incase you come across it again.

Nice to meet someone on here who does same kind of stuff I do (I don't touch electrics either, but I'm thinking Part P for the future!).

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to New bathroom pics in the Bathroom Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Removed old tiles in a bathroom. New 60x30 porcs to go on. Plaster skim came off with odd...
Replies
Views
Waluigi
W
C
Hi all Hoping for some opinions on how to handle an ongoing issue in having with my tiler He...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB