Guest viewing is limited

Tiling Tool Suppliers

We recommend a couple of the best tiling tool suppliers, Pro Tiler Tools and Trade Tiler

Both supply the best tiling tool supplies, cutter makes, tile trims etc.

Discuss New job starting...looking for a makita cutter! in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

R

redrex

Hi all,

After a gradual start, I am finding that slowly but steadily I am getting jobs that I am quoting on. I decided that I didnt want to buy a squillion pounds of tools but add to my collection as needed (and charge to the customer if possible-cheeky? possibly but hiring is just as expensive) how do you chaps build up your tools?

Secondly,my latest job is to replace a small section of Travertine, only problem being that UFH is running under half the width of the tiles. I will be using a heat mat UFH cable detector to see exactly where they run but then need to cut a lovely straight line through the tiles approximately 4 metres in length. Dust is an issue and I have come across the 12v Makita cordless cutter, hiring is almost as much as new, so do any of you good people have one that is surplus to requirements and would like to sell? I would need the full kit-not naked. Other issue was that the fused spur is very hard to get at so will have to switch of the mains, therefore no power. Job starting Sunday and I am happy to pick up within reasonable distance of west London.

And, do you think it is too cheeky charging for tools or do you factor a percentage of the cost per job?

Thanks again

Redrex

Reply to New job starting...looking for a makita cutter! in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning, i took voluntary redundancy that kicks in at the end of September. I did a home...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, i took some jobs as a contractor for some MC Donald's restaurants but i find it quite...
Replies
Views
This kitchen is not level as can be seen in the attached picture. From floorboard to kitchen...
Replies
Views
Sid2323
S
Hi guys, been a keen reader of the forum for a few weeks now. Getting ready for a DIY bathroom...
Replies
Views
Hello! I am new here but I have been reading a lot about manual tile cutters on the forum. I am...
Replies
Views
L

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
New job starting...looking for a makita cutter!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters)
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Kerakoll

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Ardex

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Mapei

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • Ultra Tile

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • BAL

Votes: 26 30.2%