Guest viewing is limited

Discuss New member, new challenge, opinions welcome in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

faithhealer

Great replies from all, many thanks.
Rats! I was hoping to avoid taking off the skirting boards.
Looks a lot neater

Some more questions!
Do I really need to leave a expansion gap underneath the skirts, (concrete slab and brick walls!?).
Yes, easier under a skirting board too
What do the pros use as a straight edge when laying the initial tiles down? Just a snapped chalk line or do they butt up against a solid edge like a plank?
Chalk line, baton, spirit level, laser, all good
Im thinking of cutting the porcelain tiles with a grinder/diamond saw and the big cuts with a hired wet saw.
Porcelain tiles can be cut with a GOOD dry cutter, and you can probably buy a wet cutter for a one off job as cheap as hiring then sell it on. (how I got one of mine)
Do i need the wet saw at all? I've heard a lot of people just use a grinder!
Grinders are a million times more dusty, and more dangerous if you are not used to them

Thanks again everyone
hope that helps

Reply to New member, new challenge, opinions welcome in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Morning All! I thought it was about time to start a new Good Morning Thread. The old thread can...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hi, New to the forum. I'm going to be installing a new corner, shower unit with tiled walls...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I live in Cyprus. Bought a new build top floor flat a couple of years ago with a roof...
Replies
Views
Hello, looking for advice and what to do next. Have had main bathroom installed via a local...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
New member, new challenge, opinions welcome
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.