Discuss *new member*subfloor thickness in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

R

rich83

hi.first post.great site.awesome knowledge thanks to members like dave,sir ramic and others,so thanks guys.

i have a question regarding.subfloors.i think the minimum thickness is 15mm(18 best),screwed at 300mm centres(150 best),i relise this is dependant on distance between joists ,im just talking typical.this isnt a job ive got,just clarification.
so which of these is best/correct...

1.18mm ply + decoupling membrane
'or'
2.12mm ply + 6mm hardi+ decoupling membrane.(would membrane be needed with hardi?)
'or'
3. combination

also with the use of hardi and/or membrane does bs mimimum not matter as hardi is strong ,and decouple would counter movement.
i know there was something else ,this is my 3rd time writing as keeps getting deleted:mad2:

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to *new member*subfloor thickness in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

We just had a 1.5 sq. m area of floor tiled professionally in our ensuite. The base floor is 18...
Replies
Views
Hi all, just wondered what methods people prefer? We are due to start a new build house next...
Replies
Views
S
L
Hi guys, Planning a job i have on in a few weeks. Its an oldish house, and the bathroom floor...
Replies
Views
White Room
W
M
Hi.hoping someone might point me in the right direction. I am putting a new toilet shower room...
Replies
Views
Gazzer
G
D
Hi All, New to the forum. I'm after a bit of advice because you guys seem to be the ones to...
Replies
Views
Time's Ran Out
T

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB