Discuss New rubi cutter- dc250 1200 now available in uk! in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com.

R

RubiUK

Hi Everyone,

Just to advise you of a great new RUBI tile cutter available as of today in the UK Market.
The DC 250 1200 is an electric tile cutter with maximum precision and functional moving head. Great for ceramics, stoneware, porcelain and other materials Available in 230v (ref:55941) and 110v (ref: 55943) It has a 1.5 cv/hp motor. With a cutting length of up to 120.5cm (85x85cm) it also cuts material up to 85mm thick. It has a full blade cover so you are able to use any blade, not just a continuous rim one. The engine is set with sliding bearings and the cutter comes with an aluminium bracket adjustable from 0° to 60°. The removable aluminium table makes the machine very easy to clean and the folding legs with built in wheels makes the cutter easier to transport. A CEV 250 blade comes with the cutter although the power cable is supplied separately. Additional accessories also available. These machines can be purchased via any of our local reputable RUBI stockists, nationwide. :hurray:

DC-250FINAL (1).jpg

gamma38

TF
Bedford
Since last year all of our larger machines are now supplied without a cable. Its a security measure that has been introduced should cutters need to be left on site. At distributor level we supply the cable seperately however some stockists may include the cable in the retail price.
That is a crazy reason, i have never heard of anything so stupid. Buy any electrical product and it comes with a cable, imaging if someone bought one and the sales didn't tell the purchaser. They get to site and................

I don't get that at all.

R

RubiUK

That is a crazy reason, i have never heard of anything so stupid. Buy any electrical product and it comes with a cable, imaging if someone bought one and the sales didn't tell the purchaser. They get to site and................

I don't get that at all.

Fair point, however this is a change that has already been made and implemented. We've not had too many concerns regarding it in the last 12 months but I am more than happy to pass your comments on to our product development team at Head Office.

R

RubiUK

I appreciate all of your comments and some would prefer the cable to be included but at this time, it's not and I cannot see this being changed any time soon. In addition to it being a security measure, it is also offered as an optional as some Tilers and other building professionals may already have a cable for other tools. By not having a cable included we're trying to reduce costs for those who don't necessarily need it. Not huge amounts but a saving is a saving. Some users may have preferences as to the length of cable they want so may decide to make their own or purchase somewhere else if they choose. As these cutters are available worldwide the decision has been to supply all large professional machines without a cable giving users the option to add on if they choose. It's easier to add on as oppose to removing items already included in packaging and price. The change would not have been made without thorough research and feedback across all of the regions that RUBI sell to, so we will continue to work with what we have in place and of course pass on any queries or concerns anyone has to the relevant department(s).

D

David - Tradetiler

The cable is not supplied mainly so Rubi can manufacture one machine and sell it in a several countries that share the same voltage and frequency (offering the relevant lead for the applicable country), it allows Rubi to be hugely more efficient. In the old days they had to build and warehouse their ranges of machines with various power leads to suit every county. When I was in Rubi's Santa Oliva factory In Spain it was mind blowing the huge warehouse area and resources they had to dedicate to storing and manufacturing electric tile saws

I see the security aspect as being - You remove the lead from the machine when you are at lunch or finished for the day so you don't get the brickies etc sneaking in using your cutter, accidentally hurting themselves and suing you.

When available, Tradetiler will be supplying the Rubi DC-250 complete with a complimentary UK cable so our customers wont have to worry about remembering to get one.

Last edited by a moderator:
The cable is not supplied mainly so Rubi can manufacture one machine and sell it in a several countries that share the same voltage and frequency (offering the relevant lead for the applicable country), it allows Rubi to be hugely more efficient. In the old days they had to build and warehouse their ranges of machines with various power leads to suit every county. When I was in Rubi's Santa Oliva factory In Spain it was mind blowing the huge warehouse area and resources they had to dedicate to storing and manufacturing electric tile saws

I see the security aspect as being - You remove the lead from the machine when you are at lunch or finished for the day so you don't get the brickies etc sneaking in using your cutter, accidentally hurting themselves and suing you.

When available, Tradetiler will be supplying the Rubi DC-250 complete with a complimentary UK cable so our customers wont have to worry about remembering to get one.

Dave when you get a price on these can you drop me a message on here please.

I started a thread a week or so ago about a new cutter. Basically I need a cutter capable of ripping down 100mts of 1200mm long, 25mm thick limestone slabs for a job starting in Sept. I was thinking of either the Rubi model ? hand saw with water feed/guide tracks or the Rubi ds1500 bridge saw. Now this has come out it might be suitable depending on the price. The ds1500 I think is just too much to spend for the odd large format job.

Cheers

gamma38

TF
Bedford
I can understand the unplugging for lunch etc but what i can't understand is the fact that you buy a machine and it doesn't automatically come with a power lead. I'm buying it why do i need security at the point of sale, i'm not nicking it???????

I'm going to buy a new TV this weekend i hope it comes with a lead so i can watch it....................

Reply to New rubi cutter- dc250 1200 now available in uk! in the Tile Cutters (Manual & Wet Cutters) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

C
Hi All, Im new to the forum, so go easy with me!!! Im after some advice please. I purchased a...
Replies
Views
One Day
O
Just been browsing Rubi's Facebook page. And I thought tile cutters only got introduced in...
Replies
Views
Bearing Scoring Wheels for RUBI Tile Cutters - Used them? Any good? They've been out for a...
Replies
Views
I have for sale my Rubi DC250. Fitted with a DNA blade. Looking for £500 ono. Message through...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O
J
So I've had my 1200 for a while now and it's done 5-600 cuts, mainly travertine, 610 x 405 x...
Replies
Views
Jelthetiler
J

Popular Tile Cutter Threads

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB