Discuss new tilers, kneepads, wear them! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Houston

TF
Arms
i have been wearing the yellow rubber kneepads from tiletrim that are comfortable.
but just seen alpro ergonomic pads from tradetiler.
are these the best for dodgy knees

they seemed to have helped me since ive started using them, you don't seem to roll in them like other pads because of the square design. Well worth the money from Tradetiler, you wont be disappointed

I suffer bad with ostoarthritis in both knees so I know what you are going thru ,I am now 60 and I know that I am getting close to retiring from tiling,floors are getting harder and going up and down stairs is a nightmare.I have tried so many pairs of kneepads, at the moment I have the tommyco and redbacks ,but the thing I find with the redbacks when I kneel the trouser legs twist and the pads are off center of my knees.The ones that I really did like was the coalminers kneepads but can not get hold of them now all the pits shut in our area in the 80s,so just got to strive on taking the tablets.I have made a large tile trolley so once its loaded up dont have to keep getting up whilst laying floors.

S

steve187

I suffer bad with ostoarthritis in both knees so I know what you are going thru ,I am now 60 and I know that I am getting close to retiring from tiling,floors are getting harder and going up and down stairs is a nightmare.I have tried so many pairs of kneepads, at the moment I have the tommyco and redbacks ,but the thing I find with the redbacks when I kneel the trouser legs twist and the pads are off center of my knees.The ones that I really did like was the coalminers kneepads but can not get hold of them now all the pits shut in our area in the 80s,so just got to strive on taking the tablets.I have made a large tile trolley so once its loaded up dont have to keep getting up whilst laying floors.
a photo of the trolley would be good

a photo of the trolley would be good
Easy to make got four castors from wickes the good ones about £40 ,some ply and 2 x 2 took me about half an hour to make its about 500 x 500, last week had 5m2 of 400 x 400 mm porcs stacked on it just pulled it along whilst laying, I have seen them on a couple of video's,so decided to make one,makes life a lot easy.Did have a few pictures on the phone but must of got wiped.

These are the castors

Attachments

• Heavy-Duty-Castor-With-Brake_medium.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 95

peteablard

TF
Arms
Cheshire
i have been wearing the yellow rubber kneepads from tiletrim that are comfortable.
but just seen alpro ergonomic pads from tradetiler.
are these the best for dodgy knees

I think they are brilliant Jonny. They take a while to get use to as they are a lot thicker than the usual knee pads you buy. I wouldn't use anything else now

C

cm ceramics

Sorry to hear that mate, an awful predicament to be. Saying that your thread will hopefully entice other to start wearing proper ppe.
I remember doing my first floor (just under 5m2) didn't have any at that time but immediately invested in a set for the next job as I thought to myself if that's me after a small floor what am I going to be like after many in the years ahead.

Very simple and great advice

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to new tilers, kneepads, wear them! in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello all. We have employed a tiler to do our bathroom and floor tiles. We bought the tiles...
Replies
Views
hi, i am a virtually retired tiler (58), legs back hips etc etc. a friend carpenter (65) has...
Replies
Views
M
Hi guys, basically I'm enquiring to see if anyone of you's would be interested in an...
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B
M
Had an bust up/argument with tiler today. Usually use someone else but this guy came recommended...
Replies
Views
Flintstone
F
A
Hi guys im over from the electric forum. Im getting my bathroom floor and walls tiled next week...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB