Discuss New toy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

i am a proud sigma user bri but have to admit when i got the rubi tx700n i was well chuffed cuts everything i have thrown at it i use this cutte for any thing over 500mm greaat cutters but im still sigma who says you cant be multi talented in sigmas and rubis

Hell yeah! If it works, use it! I've had a go with loads of cutters but always end up with another Rubi in the back of the van!

hmmm still toying which to get, Sigma or Rubi, currently have a couple of Rubi but TS range & not great for everything. Altho I looked at the TX range, grrr I hate decisions :p
I've always had Rubi cutters and like how you can easily see the cut line. Just got a Monti 63, its pretty nifty and is great for repetitive angles (especially if they are are NOT 45degrees). However, its single rail so you have to look for the line, theres no hard case and they are £220 +vat ish. It takes a little getting used to but its only used for 400mm+ tiles or porcelain for me and is class. My TS40 is in need of an upgrade now too so I'm toying with what to do too next. Replace some bits or splash out again......

Somerset
A lot of complaints about the weight of Rubi's is because they are solid cutters. I prefer to put up with the weight so that I can get the best cut on Porcelain. I am working on a site at the moment, and there is a lot of banter about Rubi vs Sigma - looks like it will end up in a "who can get the narrowest cut in the porcelain tile competition" - width of cut must be 5mm or less.

Reply to New toy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everybody, I've come up with a new way that I'd like the forum to work. I've built a quick...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm really hoping you all can help as I am at my wits end. We have hired...
Replies
Views
L
I would like some advise. We booked a tiler for a new build with quite a lot of work to be done...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
New toy
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Tags
usa

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.