Discuss Newbies 1st post in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Michael Greenwood

I'm actually a plumber working in the private sector by trade. Bear with me. I'm already able to tile in basic situations. I'm looking to get a formal qualification and improve my speed and depth of knowledge. Sheffield where I live has a lack of access to tiling courses so I'm going to have to go further away than I'd like to. Once I get an idea I follow it through so I'm looking into Able skills 8 week course. Has anyone any advice or experience of Able? Good or bad? Thanks. Michael.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I did my EWPA at able skills a few years back.
I didn't pay much attention to people that were there doing the intensive courses.
I'm not sure what you'll gain from a course if you've got the basics nailed. What you could possibly do with is experience. What tiling have you done thus far? And what is it you feel you need to learn?

Oh and welcome to the forum!

M

Michael Greenwood

I did my EWPA at able skills a few years back.
I didn't pay much attention to people that were there doing the intensive courses.
I'm not sure what you'll gain from a course if you've got the basics nailed. What you could possibly do with is experience. What tiling have you done thus far? And what is it you feel you need to learn?

Oh and welcome to the forum!
Really basic bathroom jobs. Nothing that has been so challenging. I would prefer to do more tiling and less plumbing. I was planning on doing the 8 week course split into four sections. Basic, advanced etc.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Newbies 1st post in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've had a couple of messages about this who has read a thread option. And I'm starting to...
Replies
Views
T
Not a question, but a suprising observation of an illusion! My next task has been to come up...
Replies
Views
bcd-87
B
C
Am looking at a new career in tiling after 12 years working with made to measure blinds/awnings...
Replies
Views
T
So.... Signed up to the forum, looked at loads of threads (found the one about poor workmanship...
Replies
Views
Be the Best with BAL! The importance of correct training should never be underestimated. As the...
Replies
Views
Old Mod
O

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB