Discuss Nightmare Customer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Slowly Learning

Hi all,

Ive had an absolute nightmare with a customer. Have had non stop agruements with the customer, wasting my time, not supplying bathroom suite and tiles leaving me on site with nothing to do for 3 days, she waited untill the wiring done, ceiling was boarded and skimmed to change her mind on how many spot lights she wants but doesnt see why she should have to pay for the ceiling to come down and rewiring! Add to that constant changes to what was agreed before hand and the manor she conducts herself she has driven me mental :mad2: I was warned that she is a prize B***ch by all her staff but took job on in good faith.

I have written to her explaining problems requesting mats onsite etc. In the end informed her that unless things get straightend out I would be invoicing her for what has been done so far and withdrawing my services. Of course she just continued to push her luck ignoring the list of works on the quote, things turning up different to what was agreed and generaly being rude and stating that she is not paying any more than on the original quote! I then got to the point where I had to pack up my tools and walk! I put in writting my reasons for packing up and informed her PA who off the record was very apologetic and knows im in the right but will not argue with her employer for me.

I have never been in this position before or had anyone so rude and infuriating to deal with. Because she has alot of money she treats everyone else like dirt! Im in a right state about it all. I have tried to do everything proffesionally and put everything in writting but now 7 days since invoicing her....nothing! Im going to send her a reminder tommorrow about the invoice. Have any of you had a similar problem and how did you solve it? The invoice is for just shy of £2000 for whats been done so far/mats and how long ive been onsite waiting for her to hold up her end so I cant afford to write it off.

Thanks for reading my rant (still fuming about her!) any help or ideas gratefully accepted!

S

Slowly Learning

Thanks for that Dan, I will have a read up.

I dont know how some people can make what should be a simple straightforward job into an absolute nightmare. I write comprehensive quotes so as everyone knows exactly what is being done by who and when so there are no rows. Im quite chilled by nature and go out of my way to keep customers happy but this one is nothing short of mental!

Reply to Nightmare Customer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi. Hoping you al. Can help me. I have an issue where I had a bathroom built and a shower...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We had an outdoor limestone patio laid at the start of June (finished circa 07/06/24)...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're currently adding an en-suite to a downstairs bedroom, everything is going well so far...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
Nightmare Customer
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.