Guest viewing is limited

Recommended Tile Suppliers

We recommend a couple of tile suppliers, Topps Tiles and Tile Giant.

They supply good adhesive brands and provide trade discounts for genuine tilers.

Discuss Nightmare tile from Topps in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com.

I have recently done a shower with these tiles they are porcelain 600 x 300 split face lookalike from Topps you cannot give them a joint and its hard to grout them ,I have now got another shower to do but will not be grouting them, the walls are no more ply and primed with SBR you can't use a tile cutter so will have to be wet cut.I am just hoping that they don't catch on 1026118_10152191026223817_1287824944_o.jpg

G

Gazzer

Sorry guys but you might have to get used to them.....

These are one of Topps best selling ranges.....

And judging by what the tile agents are showing us from products launched at cevisama, there are even more just like it coming out.
I had a nightmare with them last year , grout would not wash of at all. Ended up scrapping the shower walls and doing it again in another tile.
Just recently got asked to use them again....Nope not gonna happen.

mz30

TF
Arms
liverpool
You want to try grouting Porcelanosa ' Zeus Biege/Blanco or 'Pearls white' , absolutely hideous , particularly the Zeus!

Diggy :0)

we had them both on 3 new build estates along with Firenze nacar and a few other nightmare to grout tiles in the end we found a good method ,using a very soft grout float and just doing the joints worked a treat.

I fitted some a couple of weeks ago and never again..

Just out of interest did you fit them all the same way or just put them up random. If you look at the tile the ridges are more prominate one way than the other. .
The first shower I did I kept all the same way with straight joints also found them hard to cut can't get tight joints in the internal angle's did think about mitre internal's but to much like hard work so just silcone.

Reply to Nightmare tile from Topps in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, hoping someone can help with advice. We purchased 600 x 600 tiles for our bathroom floor...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I am in need of a pack of a cream/beige tile that I purchased from 'Topps Tiles' approx 10-12...
Replies
Views
Martin Rayner
M
Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

Broadstairs,Kent.

Thread Information

Title
Nightmare tile from Topps
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes
Start date
Last reply date
Replies
Unsolved
--

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond