Guest viewing is limited

Recommended Tile Suppliers

We recommend a couple of tile suppliers, Topps Tiles and Tile Giant.

They supply good adhesive brands and provide trade discounts for genuine tilers.

Discuss Nightmare tile from Topps in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com.

I have recently done a shower with these tiles they are porcelain 600 x 300 split face lookalike from Topps you cannot give them a joint and its hard to grout them ,I have now got another shower to do but will not be grouting them, the walls are no more ply and primed with SBR you can't use a tile cutter so will have to be wet cut.I am just hoping that they don't catch on 1026118_10152191026223817_1287824944_o.jpg

gamma38

TF
Bedford
Someone posted on here last year about running a small bead of silicone between tiles & butting them up to each other & doing them that way.
I fitted these last year & they are an absolute mare to work with.
I see topps have them discounted just now 15 or 25% off, was hoping that was a sign that they aren't a very good seller.
I will fit them again but a very inflated price!!!
That was me Stef, i remember your nightmare with them.

Someone posted on here last year about running a small bead of silicone between tiles & butting them up to each other & doing them that way.
I fitted these last year & they are an absolute mare to work with.
I see topps have them discounted just now 15 or 25% off, was hoping that was a sign that they aren't a very good seller.
I will fit them again but a very inflated price!!!
The Customer paid £44 per m2 for them.

After reading all this i think i will just walk away if ever i come up against them, too much like hard work for a poor end result by the sounds of it.

Yes I for one will turn down any work that uses these tiles ,when I finished I took one look and thought "awful" the thing is they recommend that you butt them but they are different size's I think they would look better with a 2mm joint.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
Yes I for one will turn down any work that uses these tiles ,when I finished I took one look and thought "awful" the thing is they recommend that you butt them but they are different size's I think they would look better with a 2mm joint.

They dont look better with a 2mm joint thats what I did and I grouted them took 4 hours to grout 5m pointing in every joint. And it still look naff I even offered to rip it all down and retile with somthing else f o c but the customer liked them. But I will never use them again.

Reply to Nightmare tile from Topps in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, hoping someone can help with advice. We purchased 600 x 600 tiles for our bathroom floor...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I am in need of a pack of a cream/beige tile that I purchased from 'Topps Tiles' approx 10-12...
Replies
Views
Martin Rayner
M
Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

Broadstairs,Kent.

Thread Information

Title
Nightmare tile from Topps
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes
Start date
Last reply date
Replies
Unsolved
--

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond