Guest viewing is limited

Recommended Tile Suppliers

We recommend a couple of tile suppliers, Topps Tiles and Tile Giant.

They supply good adhesive brands and provide trade discounts for genuine tilers.

Discuss Nightmare tile from Topps in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com.

I have recently done a shower with these tiles they are porcelain 600 x 300 split face lookalike from Topps you cannot give them a joint and its hard to grout them ,I have now got another shower to do but will not be grouting them, the walls are no more ply and primed with SBR you can't use a tile cutter so will have to be wet cut.I am just hoping that they don't catch on 1026118_10152191026223817_1287824944_o.jpg

S

Stef

I walked of the job this morning refused to fix them but the chap that I do a lot of work for convinced me into doing them, so going back tomorrow to start but will not be grouting them, got about 11 m2 to do.

Topps top tip is to grout them with your finger!!!

Make sure you get every bit of the grout off the face of the tile, if you don't then when it dries it sticks out like a sore thumb..
It's very hard too see when the grout & tile are wet..

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Popped into Topps today with some of my cards......no work at the mo. I had seen this stuff on a flyer:
BAL Protective Sealer 2.5 LTR | Topps Tiles

The manager said you have to apply it (it's pink in colour). Wait for it to dry, then apply it on the tile again at a 45deg angle. Wait for that to dry too. Then you grout and wash off. I guess it is designed for these types of tiles. Anyone used it?

O

On one

Popped into Topps today with some of my cards......no work at the mo. I had seen this stuff on a flyer:
BAL Protective Sealer 2.5 LTR | Topps Tiles

The manager said you have to apply it (it's pink in colour). Wait for it to dry, then apply it on the tile again at a 45deg angle. Wait for that to dry too. Then you grout and wash off. I guess it is designed for these types of tiles. Anyone used it?
Yeah, two or three times over the years...never with much success. Last time the grout haze wouldn't clean up on some 600 x300 riven porcelain floor tiles....I couldn't keep cleaning the floor because the grout was being washed out of the joints,so I had to give it up as a bad job,go back the next day and clean the tiles with increasing strengths of acid based cleaner.

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

look buy a tube of silcone now push it all out . now push the plug out using a long screw driver .now get some silcone remover put in tube leave for a while then push out cleaning the tube now put on new nozzel then cut to suit joint. now fill tube with grout half way put plug in make the grout a little wetter now run down the joints with the gun keeping close to the joints then clean as you go with hot water .you have done your best .its not your problem when the hard water clings to these tiles later .so leave them a touth brush to clean them should spend at least 4 hours a week

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

Sorry guys but you might have to get used to them.....

These are one of Topps best selling ranges.....

And judging by what the tile agents are showing us from products launched at cevisama, there are even more just like it coming out.
first quieston who making money first but not dealing with the conplaints later that same agent would be my guess fit for purpose spring to mind the first quiestion i always ask myself would i use these in my bathroom if not i wont sell them. so would you use them in your bath room nowing all the problems that they would cause later .

I grouted the first job I did with them washed and washed but when it dryed it looked terrible ended up using linseed mixed with turps to mask it but wont be grouting this time and yes Topps told me to use my fingers but it still looked a mess I dont think any sealer or grout protector would make any difference to this type of tile

Last edited:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
look buy a tube of silcone now push it all out . now push the plug out using a long screw driver .now get some silcone remover put in tube leave for a while then push out cleaning the tube now put on new nozzel then cut to suit joint. now fill tube with grout half way put plug in make the grout a little wetter now run down the joints with the gun keeping close to the joints then clean as you go with hot water .you have done your best .its not your problem when the hard water clings to these tiles later .so leave them a touth brush to clean them should spend at least 4 hours a week

I can buy empty silicon tubes from my supplier and have used a similar method on a very textured porcelain tiles to keep the grout off the tile face. Works ver well and makes cleaning up a lot easier. Still a pain though.

W

WetSaw

Or use something like this!
http://www.rubi.com/products/en-US...icators/electric-grout-mortar-applicator.php

Reply to Nightmare tile from Topps in the Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, hoping someone can help with advice. We purchased 600 x 600 tiles for our bathroom floor...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I am in need of a pack of a cream/beige tile that I purchased from 'Topps Tiles' approx 10-12...
Replies
Views
Martin Rayner
M
Hello, I hope you can help. I'm get despondent cutting 9mm glazed porcelain tiles, 300 x 900mm...
Replies
Views

Tile Buying Popular Threads

Advertisement

Broadstairs,Kent.

Thread Information

Title
Nightmare tile from Topps
Prefix
N/A
Forum
Best Tile Suppliers | Tile Supplier Discount Codes
Start date
Last reply date
Replies
Unsolved
--

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond