Discuss Not been on for a while... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Nottingham
Don't think I've really been on here since October.
Loads has happened, the most major is that I'm gonna be a dad!!
Got keys to my new home in October and it needed to be totally gutted and modernised and took up my entire life for 3 months 24/7.
It's finally pretty much done and I've been doing the odd plumbing/tiling job to pay for the last few bits for completion.

I didn't like all the stress at the time but I kind of miss it now it's all done. The best bits were the gutting, demolishing of walls and building new walls, the worst of it was living in a dusty building site for 3 months. I really wish I had taken before and during photos of my project but within 2 mins of walking in the house for the first time I was knocking a wall down!

Found a great sparky who fully rewired the house and we have since passed eachother work. My new nextdoor neighbour is a plasterer who did my entire house, including ceilings and coving for 2 grand all in!!
He now gets all my plastering work.
I ripped out all the old heating system and made space for an ensuite utilizing the old hot water tank cupboard and knocking through to old toilet. My heating engineer mate put a nice condensing combi and rads throughout.
Me and my dad fitted the kitchen and new banister/ballustrades.

Still left to do is ensuite, tile kitchen floor (hallway and diner bit already done), splashy and that's it.
Halfway through all this I got woken by really bad abdominal pain that kept happening. googled my symptoms and diagnosed gall stones. Ultra sound confirmed it and having an op in March and it can't come soon enough - painfull little buggers! Anyone else had them on here?

I did take pics of my bathroom so I'll post them up and will do the same with my ensuite when I get started on it.

D

Deleted member 9966

hi there Nick

nice to see you're back. glad to hear the house was hard work, I wouldn't expect anything less :smilewinkgrin:

oh and welcome to the world of parenthood... I'll be a mum in July :grin:

Attachments

• DSC00703.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 24

Reply to Not been on for a while... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to assess what prep is needed on the walls for my kitchen backsplash. We'll be...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill...
Replies
Views
I just set new porcelain 8 x 8 tile in my rear entryway (3 ft x 3 ft area). I love the results...
Replies
Views
Hi all - I have a question about some cracked grout in my wet area shower, I've attached a...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

macten

Esteemed
Arms
TF
Nottingham

Thread Information

Title
Not been on for a while...
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.