Discuss not happy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
what you on about now Bob??

:lol:

Never had a customer watch you work Doug? Even after the conversation has dried up and you just want to buckle down, this guy just stood and watched, at one point I had to reach between his legs to get my blowtorch, he put me off pyscologicaly and physically.

So much so, he may as well have had me in a full nelson all morning, walking me to my van and everything.

:rant:

D

doug boardley

Never had a customer watch you work Doug? Even after the conversation has dried up and you just want to buckle down, this guy just stood and watched, at one point I had to reach between his legs to get my blowtorch, he put me off pyscologicaly and physically.

So much so, he may as well have had me in a full nelson all morning, walking me to my van and everything.

:rant:
lol Bob, yes I've experienced it, but just wondering what it's got to do with bongos chipped tiles:lol:

P

Pebbs

Classic Bob, going to be giggling about it all night now, but I know exactly what your talking about.

Pebbs

B

bongo

Leaving you on a positive note i want to thank all who answered my posts in a professional manner.
The guys who do bad work cause you the real professional untold damage.
Looking at the pictures of some of the good work on this site I can only wish i had known some of you before my job was done.
I should have bought the tile adhesive, the sealer and the cleaner myself then i would have known the right ones were used for sure.
Not that i feel any of those items caused the problems as i just think it was down to sloppy workmanship.
I placed my trust in the tiler a bit naive maybe but i like to think you could let a professional go about his work and end up with a good job.

Thanks again,

Bye

T

Time's Ran Out

Bongo - I've enjoyed your post and a lot of the replies have been good.
I'am sure we have all had work done/bought an item that has not matched up to our expectations and we learn by our mistakes!
It is annoying for my trade when work is produced that you the customer are not happy with and many tilers on here will agree that leaving a satisfied customer is worth more than the payment (me I just want the money!). On another section of the forum we have a rogues gallery which highlights some shoddy workmanship from all occupations and so we are aware of your 'problem' - however from the early replies you received some photographic evidence would have provided a more detailed response.
Keep in touch.
In the words of Vinney Jones - 'Its been emotional'

Reply to not happy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I’ve got a job using marble geometric mosaics about 10 mm thick. I’ve tried several blades to...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking for advice mainly on how much adhesive I should remove from between the tiles in a...
Replies
Views
L
I would like some advise. We booked a tiler for a new build with quite a lot of work to be done...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
not happy
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.