Discuss Off cuts? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Was just thinking today about the off cuts of tiles when you finish a job. Do you all like me leave them with the customer or do some of you take them away? If you do take them where do get rid of them? Or do any of you charge to take them with you?

I just explain to customer that i cant get rid of them cos i cant go on the tip without a permit and even then its only my own personal waste i can get rid of.

Was wondering if i was maybe missing a trick, is there a way i can offer to get rid of the tiles and make some money?

All responses welcome :grin:

T

Time's Ran Out

If you take any waste away without a permit you will get a hefty fine - and you will get caught.
Leave it all bagged for the customer to dispose of - or charge for a skip (£60/£140).
The only off cuts I take away are for my own use to be re cut into strips ie. Travertine or Geometric pieces to be reused.
Most time storage is an issue and then it costs you money to acquire a skip to clear the store!

S

SandyFloor

The way I've always looked at it is if the materials are supplied by the customer it's their waste. If I supply it then it's mine. I think that's the legal standpoint too. The problem is it's difficult to get rid of waste free if you have a van as it's looked on as commercial waste.

I did a job recently where the customers used a Hippobag for a ripped out kitchen. A bag is delivered (as opposed to a skip) and lifted by a Hiab truck when you're ready and it's reasonably priced.

HIPPOBAG - the cheaper and easier alternative to a skip

Reply to Off cuts? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I’ve got a job using marble geometric mosaics about 10 mm thick. I’ve tried several blades to...
Replies
Views
Beginner DIY Tiler, I'm contemplating drilling (with ceramic tile carbide tipped drill bits)...
Replies
Views
I will be tiling with 60*30 procelain tiles. They weight about 3.57kg each which is about...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Preston

Thread Information

Title
Off cuts?
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.