Discuss on your bike... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Gloucester
just heard on the news our friends across the pond are spending $120 an hour for someone to teach there kids how to ride a bike cause there to busy....:mad2:

I know a lot of you on here are busy.....as am I, however I gave up killing myself, working all the hours god sent years ago....imo life's to short and we should work to live not live to work...

so whats your take on it...

I

Ian

Definitely mate, I won't do long days, maybe once in a while. I quite often go out on a Saturday but, always try to be home by 5 at the latest every day. I have done some work for a chap who's a millionaire and I had a chat with him last year, he said he missed his 3 girls growing up because he was working so much, I could see the regret in his face. I think given his time over, he'd do it differently. That's what made me do a little bit less, I'd rather see my daughter grow up and enjoy my life, than be rich and miss out on all the things that are important.

T

TJ Smiler

Same here, i used to work on average about 10 hours a day (not including quoting etc) and do Saturdays and the occasional Sunday when i didn't have my daughter. I am not kidding when i say it has got me absolutely nowhere so for the last 18 odd months roughly, i have slowed down both in terms of how i work and how i approach the job. The odd thing is that now i have slowed (and don't get me wrong here i still move about sharpish) i seem to have got faster at how much i can do, never work a weekend although this is partly due to me being a weekend daddy to my nine year old girl every other weekend.

I would love the great big house (in fact read my location, i would just love anything!!) and i would love the luxury lifestyle and i would be 100% committed to achieving it if i thought i had a chance of reaching it, the trouble is that IMO you are not going to achieve it being a tiler or a tradesman.......... Can earn a half ok wage but it aint going to happen while doing this type of work. So that is why i now have slowed down, no point in absolutely busting your guts out just to receive that pay packet a day or two earlier, cos that pay packet aint worth it for a start.

Great thread topic by the way mate.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to on your bike... in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

R
Could you help young people learn skills for employment in construction? PT TUTOR to teach a...
Replies
Views
Rebecca Bowden
R
Although I've been a member for a little while I have just started reading through different...
Replies
Views
StevieBoy
S
D
How do I drill a hole in a steel bath. Or cast iron bath. Instructions on drilling into baths...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
Bit of a long read......but it made me chuckle a lot. Pocket Taser Stun Gun, a great gift...
Replies
Views
Dougs Third Go
D
"Your posts are farcical. You claim there is no need to tank plasterboard in a shower before...
Replies
Views
TJ Smiler
T
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB