Discuss One of them customers! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Most of my customers are stress heads, as they've usually had bad workmanship before and they're having to pay me to re-do. As for the address... What was the problem in giving it?? To be honest, I wouldn't have anyone working in my house if I didn't have there full contact details! My address is on all my paperwork, including my business cards.
Same here, anyone with just a mobile number and no address is put in the "dodgy" register in this area. It may be different in major citys but most of my clients regard using local tradesmen as a must. Many city (Newcastle) customers also liek to know where you are from as they often have friends out in the sticks who they can refer to.

Working as a subby I can understand why you wouldnt want to give your address seeing as the customer was a bit iffy to start with. But in reality what would the problem be? The thought must have been going through the clients head that you'd just do a runner. Strange though as his contract was with Topps. The nit picking then singing your praises in the feedback form is a certain sign of a control freak with an inferiority complex and as others have said "nowt else to do". Love them.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Staffordshire, UK
I have my address on my business cards, and invoices, but they only go to people I want to have them to be fair, it's not like if I was a tiler. In that case, I'd probably go with whitebeams way; no address on website (although you can normally find the original owner of the domain name to be fair) and no address on business cards, but certainly on all invoices. They're paying customers, you should have no problems with them IMO.

Though as for customers, sure, had the odd eccentric and / or extreme type.

S

Scott

Its the first point of contact, people ask for a card to contact you, usually by phone, sometimes email but not to write or call round your house.

I put mine on the letterhead, invoice and estimate. I also dont list my home number, its exactly that a home number not an office. I think the days of only people fro the travelling community not having landlines is long gone as mobiles are everywhere.

Also people are nosey beggars and some dont like it if you turn up in a flash motor so i wouldnt want them crusing past my house to see where i live

Last edited by a moderator:
P

penno

Way he asked for my address was just done in a strange manner. Job was done through topps who have all my details, not some dodgy type of person. To be fair though i don't want people knowing my address, nothing to hide but this is my home, my wife and son live there. If i had a seperate business address then no problem atall. Most jobs i do though i chat away with the person and they know where i live anyway, just this bloke was very strange and VERY insistant.

Reply to One of them customers! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
I've recently bought Johnson 'Orkney Stone' ceramic floor tiles from B&Q. Paid to have them...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
One of them customers!
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.