Discuss opening up mosaics in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

A

Aston

cheers neale ;0)

on pic 3, you can see that the grout line opens the more acute the radius becomes so this is a good example of what i am asking...

so, should i aim for tapererd 'voissour' cuts in order to keep the grout lines straight when the circle becomes very small.. that way i avoid triangular grout lines..

its easier to keep everything uniform when the circle is big, its when the circles get really small that concerns me most..

Last edited by a moderator:
T

The D

I am no expert on the subject. In my mind there is no set way of doing it. If you can keep your joints in line around a curve you are a better man than me. I just mess about with it really I don’t do to many jobs for the rich and famous and it is not my day to day job so I think going with DPF advice will be your best bet. It would be nice of him if he could put up some pics of a curve with straight joints.

A

Aston

deano, that mannequin is excellent mate!
see what you mean about open to interpretation on the artisitic design front..they way you've done the bra looks excellent.

you know iv'e been meaning to really concentrate on the mosaics for a while now so iv'e got a lot of info now to set me off in the right direction. its just understanding the fundamentals i suppose, once youv'e got that sorted your off. thanks for posting up the pics, your daughters have taught you well mate ;0)

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

I am no expert on the subject. In my mind there is no set way of doing it. If you can keep your joints in line around a curve you are a better man than me. I just mess about with it really I don’t do to many jobs for the rich and famous and it is not my day to day job so I think going with DPF advice will be your best bet. It would be nice of him if he could put up some pics of a curve with straight joints.
i dont keep my joints straight around a radius ether ! ( but i never said i did ,if you read my repiy, i said,i like to keep the grout lines the same SIZE , as i don't like to see big /small grout lines, of course you have to stagger the rows as the length of each row is different. i never do pic's anymore on any forum ,as its to-much messing about, i will only ever do you-tube films, unless forums change so we can just press up-load :thumbsup:

T

The D

What's the mannequin made of Deano? I really like that idea, my daughter is just starting to get into arts and crafts so, I'd quite like to do something like that with her.
That one is fibreglass but the finish is nice and smooth I picked it up at a car boot £3.00but i have another one that I got out of a skip that was from a wedding shop that one is covered in sponge but underneath it is a fibreglass shell

T

The D

i dont keep my joints straight around a radius ether ! ( but i never said i did ,if you read my repiy, i said,i like to keep the grout lines thde same SIZE , as i don't like to see big /small grout lines, of course you have to stagger the rows as the length of each row is different. i never do pic's anymore on any forum ,as its to-much messing about, i will only ever do you-tube films, unless forums change so we can just press up-load :thumbsup:
sorry m8 my bad :0)

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Reply to opening up mosaics in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

D
Hi Thanks to all who provided advice on my bathroom project 3 years ago, tiling both the...
Replies
Views
swanman
S
E
Hi all, I am a newbie and diyer. We are retiling the bathroom in our new house but are having...
Replies
Views
elaine17
E
I'm trying to work out the best format for a stone mosaic floor and just want to get your...
Replies
Views
I
Hi All. I'm about to start grouting walls in bathroom, I've tiled three floor to ceiling panels...
Replies
Views
izzi1
I
E
Hi, Upstairs ensuite with T&G floorboards. Entire floor overboarded with WBP ply. Area under...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB