Discuss Opinions on this video? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

H

hmtiling

When I'm doin big floors (60m to 100m) I know that's not big to some of the legends on here I have a round wooden dolly that can take 200kg I just stack all my tiles face down and back butter on the stack and slide it along as I need it so it serves 2 purposes its my tile caddy and back butter station
i do the same with addy and slc on 500x500 bits of osb with heavy duty castors on. but only on big floors;)

I have a bbb. It stays in the van most of the time. Another waste of money.
What is you biggest complaint? It can be that it takes up too much room or that it takes you so much longer? If you can't spare 10 seconds per tile to BB it easier you are on much tighter time frame than I am. It took me 30 seconds to type this and I could of BB'd 3 large tiles in that time.

O

One Day

If the bbb helps promote back buttering, then it's a thumbs up from me.

Meaning = I know the bbb isn't generally well received.
Most seasoned pros are already using back buttering and either a dolly, washboy etc. But if a product gets out there and at least makes people see the need to back butter - whether they buy one or not - the promotion of best practise - it's a good thing for the industry.

O

One Day

My own criticism of the BBB -
it needs to be a lot tougher - able to be thrown in with everything, resist being stood on etc.
needs a non-slip base - there was loads of messing around trying to get it to fit uk buckets but really, it just needs to be tough and non-slip, then I'd likely stick it on top of my washboy which has wheels.

And like probably everyone on here - I DO back butter/skim already!

gamma38

TF
Bedford
What is you biggest complaint? It can be that it takes up too much room or that it takes you so much longer? If you can't spare 10 seconds per tile to BB it easier you are on much tighter time frame than I am. It took me 30 seconds to type this and I could of BB'd 3 large tiles in that time.
Not so much a complaint as such. When I'm doing a floor I like others have said just use a trolley with 20 or so tiles on it at a time. Face down. It's easier to move the tiles around and back buttering has never been a problem for me. I am a tool junkie so that's why I got one to try. It is something that just isn't needed in my opinion.

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Opinions on this video? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Some helpful advice/opinion would be appreciated... Existing tiles on walls, some of the walls...
Replies
Views
Interesting Video from Ultra Tile ‘s web site. View: https://youtu.be/qNG2vo5_R1w?feature=shared
Replies
Views
Pro Tilers Tools - Pro Tiling Tools We have a large selection of Pro Tilers Tools online here at...
Replies
Views
Hi, new to forum and after some advice after a professional install. Just had kitchen...
Replies
Views
I'm having a nightmare trying to establish product info from distributors. For example...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays

Tilers Forums on FB