Discuss Our Forum Friends ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

doug boardley

Neale described me as having a carefree attitude with a devotion to my family.....Neale, everybody that knows me would totally agree with that, and ltho' I do have that attiude it doesn't mean that I don't care, I just don't get bogged down with things that really aren't worth getting upset about, life's great and it doesn't have to cost a financial penny, but you only get out what you put in:thumbsup: (oops , next door neighbour dropped a bottle of wine off for me in exchange for 12 salmon steaks, hicc, on a school night too!!)

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

I know this is an old thread, but I have just stumbled upon it. Thank you Neale for your kind words, there are loads of people I have not yet met. I hope I do have the chance to meet Neale, Doug, Beam, Dom, Liz, Tommyzoom, Hillhead, and to many more to mention.

The members I have had the pleasure to meet have all been top people, Gisela, Dave, TJ, (Timeless John), Ed,(Aston tiling), Steve (Tenchman), Deano, Faithealer, Andy Carrol, Ajax, Neil Terry, Fusion, Ant, etc. more recently I had the pleasure of meeting Dan.

Dan is a true gent, he is truly a real nice guy, he and his inlaws kept me in brews etc. I was really pleased to meet them all.

Again I must thank this forum, for the Friends I have made and met, hope to meet more, in the future.:thumbsup:

I

Ian

The funny thing about the real/virtual friend thing is, if I were to meet alot of the people I've got to know on here I'd feel like we'd been friends for years and could quite happily chat about work and even social stuff. I think thats the beauty of this forum is that although 90% of the topics are tiling related, we do get an insight into peoples personal lives and what each other do for fun! I quite often find myself thinking, 'I wonder what everyone's been up to today?' And I'm nosey :lol:

U

user123

When I met Phil, Doug and Dave it was amazing - I knew a bit what they looked like from the photos, but wondered if we'd get on in 'real life' - and it was like meeting old friends, instantly there is this common history there, with all the new as yet unknown stuff thrown in, really good! Doug said to me, "well you look exactly like in the photos, you're not a stranger", and there was this ease, that we're all ok with each other. I met Dave's brother Mike (strummerman) first, before he was active on the forum, so it was the other way round, I knew who he is already, and it's nice. How good to know that the world is full of good people...

I would like to add also that Dave was incredibly modest and even quite quiet!! :lol: - I kind of expected a larger than life character, throwing his weight about a bit, but not once on the day did he mention that it was him who arranged the training day, he didn't make the rest of us feel like fools, neither did Doug for that matter, and you could see that he was still really hungry to learn more about anything tiling related, wasn't a know-it-all at all. And I didn't get any of the sexist crap from anyone there that still happens so often in male orientated professions, no wonder this place is as successful as it is. And Phil, he'd have every right to show off like mad, too, but he never did, neither did TJ, so yes, a very good crowd to be associated with. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Aston

theres a lot of good people on here!!
i have known dave the longest, over 4 yrs now and i keep in touch with phil hobson, gary, scot and joseph hillhead.

ive met chris roe and a few others, all decent people and i hope we can all get together on a regional/national night out in the near future. obviously dan would be paying. speaking of dan, hes also given me advice on web site and optimisation which has been worth its weight in gold.. neale (sir ramic) strikes me as a really good guy too. hes no nosense but fair and i rate him!!

theres loads of characters on here who make the place unique and diverse. the knowledge and experience available on here is immense and its second to none. just when you think you are pretty damn good at what you do, somebody produces another level and you just have to stand back and show your respect.......

its a great place for knowledge and even a kick up the *** on occasions but thats what makes you/we/i even better ;0)

tilersforums in a sentence would be...you can never have too much knowledge and you can never have too many friends ;0)

all the best to everybody on here, past and present!!

ed

Reply to Our Forum Friends ! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
I can personally recommend UK Pro Tiling. Darren is a great tutor, the aftercare is great and it...
Replies
Views
Go easy on me. I've spent ages sorting these out for the forums. But I do want some feedback so...
Replies
Views
O
    • Informative
    • Winner
so I'm currently undertaking a project at the moment with 1800 x 800 x 10mm Florim porcelain...
Replies
Views
Italy
I
We stopped the tilersforums.com Job Of The Month Competition a while back because it was quite a...
Replies
Views
I am a smoker and I hold my hands up to it being a dirty disgusting filthy habit. I love the...
Replies
Views
Rookery
R

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

TF Group Please Join

Thread Information

Title
Our Forum Friends !
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.