Guest viewing is limited

Discuss outward edge in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

mac101

Hi all,

I am tiling my bathroom at the moment and all is going well,
I am, now about to tile the shower area and need some advice.

I will have to tile some external 90 degree vertical edges, hope I am describing this right, what is the best way to do this, do I line up the edges of the tile and use silicon to fill the edge, do i butt one to the back of the other and use a tiny bead of silicon? I am confused as to what is the norm and the best way to do it.

Thanks

Mac

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Poole
I dont like the plastic trim that much...it can cheapen the look of the tiles, so I prefer to butt them up...but, if you have a tile that hasnt got a glazed edge, that looks even worse, so trim all the way

Reply to outward edge in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Subscribe to Tilers Forums

There are similar tiling threads here

Would anybody have any advice the best way to silicone these bumpy tiles. I think doing a bead...
Replies
Views
Been advised to move this post to the uk forum, didn’t realise it was in the USA forum Would...
Replies
Views
Hello, after watching so many instructional videos and planing, I just can't understand how to...
Replies
Views
Evening, Hope this post is in the correct section. If not, please feel free to move! I'm...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're currently adding an en-suite to a downstairs bedroom, everything is going well so far...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Thread Information

Title
outward edge
Prefix
N/A
Forum
UK Tiling Forum
Start date
Last reply date
Replies

Thread Tags

Which tile adhesive brand did you use most this year?

• Palace

• Kerakoll

• Ardex

• Mapei

• Ultra Tile

• BAL

• Wedi

• Benfer

• Tilemaster

• Weber

• Other (any other brand not listed)

• Nicobond

• Norcros

Results are only viewable after voting.

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.