UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Over boarding Chipboard floor with 6mm Marmox board in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

richardbell81

Trowel will be fine, as for grout i have used mapei ultracolour, it comes in loads of different colours and you can also buy mapei silicone (mapesil) in matching colour, just looked at bal prices they are rediculous in comparison to mapei, only ever used kerraflex maxi and results have been fine so save your money mate.

cheers mate, thanks very much for the advice.

R

richardbell81

Any time rich, any other problems just ask.

hey again... having a bit of trouble getting hold of the Mapei kerraflex maxi and the Ultra colour plus in Medium grey... have you got any ideas or trusted online suppliers I could use?

I went to my local tile Giant and the guy there said that he couldn't understand why I wanted the kerraflex maxi when the kerraquick was flexible, more expensive and as fart as he could see a superior product? I couldn't quite see his logic so i tried arguing my point but basically, he wasn't prepared to order any of the maxi in. He also said that they would need to order the grout in Medium grey which would take 2 weeks! I then tried another stockist (Stokes Tiles, Sheffield) suggested by the guys at Mapei but they just said they didn't stock the kerraflex (only the keraquick) and i'd need to order a minimum of 4 bags of the medium grey grout... which was helpful when i'm only tiling 2.2 m2!

Any help would be much appreciated!

I

izzi1

The reason why i bought Kerraflex is because of its extended open time, in other words it doesnt go off quickly (ideal for the DIY er). If you read the datasheet for keraquick it states that the mix must be used within 30 minutes, if you are not an experienced tiler i guarantee that half of your mix will go off in the bucket unless youre fast !! You can search the datasheets easily on google. It looks to me that kerraquick is the rapidset version of kerraflex. I did my homework last year before taking on my first bathroom and selected kerraflex for the above reasons.

Its strange really, i can walk into tile giant in rochdale and they've got bags of the stuff, what i did was trawl the internet for the cheapest price, print out the page, go in tile giant and they match it every time, in fact they told me that just over £** is the trade price so they gave me that, im actually going in next week and they said just bring your till receipt from last time and we will charge you the same. Maybe your side of the pennines just dont stock it.
As for the mapei ultracolour plus grout, screwfix sell it for a tenner (manhattan grey 5kg bag).

R

richardbell81

PS: Your quote above £**.** is still miles cheaper than a 12.5kg bag of BAL spff.
Its upto you, i remember looking into bal spff myself last year but just couldnt justify the extra cost, so i researched an alternative. Glad i didnt use it as the kerraflex did the job just fine.

Is the Mapei Buildfix super flexible (as in the stuff you can get in B&Q) the same as Keraflex Maxi?

Also, does anyone know if the buildfix flexible grout colours are the same colours you find in the supercolour plus range?

R

richardbell81

Is the Mapei Buildfix super flexible (as in the stuff you can get in B&Q) the same as Keraflex Maxi?

Also, does anyone know if the buildfix flexible grout colours are the same colours you find in the supercolour plus range?

One last thing then I promise i'l stop with the questions! I have an un-opened 15kg bag of BAL Super Cover Rapid Flex that I was just going to right off as not suitable... do you think this would work with the nmp to save me buying any more adhesive, or do you think if i'm going with the Mapei grout, then I should really use the Mapei adhesive as well?

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Over boarding Chipboard floor with 6mm Marmox board in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, My 1st post and just wanting some help/reassurance on a DIY bathroom refurb. I’m...
Replies
Views
450 x 450 porcelain tiles were laid on the bathroom floor recently. One of the tile sometimes...
Replies
Views
Renovated the bathroom on my 1970 bungalow last year. Took up the old pink floor tiles with sds...
Replies
Views
I'm planning on tiling my porch, and the tiles and adhesive will take up around 13mm of height...
Replies
Views
I'm about to tile my kitchen with 600mm x 600mm porcelain tiles. I am tiling onto a subfloor...
Replies
Views

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.